YFZ Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone my 07 yfz450 is overheating withing a matter of a few minutes from the time I start it and just let it idle. It will get to the point that it starts boiling and coming out of the tube by the overflow under the seat. If I let it cool down then start to ride it easy it will be fine but once I get on it a little then it starts to overheat again. Any ideas? There is a brand new boysen water pump on it and I just replaced the water pump seals and I am 100 percent sure that everything was installed properly and that the impeller shaft was in good condition and not scored in any way before being re installed. Any feedback would be appreciated guys thanks!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Could be blown head gasket, cracked head and or excessively lean... Do you get bubbles in the radiator fluid ?

M

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm running at 2.5 turns out on air fuel ratio with a 170 main and 45 pilot on ncvq needle on fourth clip from top. Both radiator lines are warm while running and nothing coming out the weep hole.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Do a leak down test on the unit....if you don't have a gauge..you can rent from Autozone, oreily etc...

M

·
Registered
44 Posts
Check your oil flow to make sure it's flowing properly. Just had this issue with mine and unfortunately mine blew a rod bearing because of little/no oil circulation (idiot that owned it before me used electrical tape inside the engine for some reason and it clogged 7/8 of my oil screen)

·
Registered
592 Posts
My oil screen is fine idk what else it can be... I ordered an oversized radiator and new hoses. Let's try that out fingers crossed
I could be wrong, but doubt this helps the problem. For this to prove true as a fix, then basically you're saying you could have just flushed the current radiator and hoses...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.