YFZ Central banner

07 YFZ450 harness gutting questions

954 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  VP9Tac 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

I have my harness off of my bike and all of the loom off of it with everything labeled as to what it came off of. My bike is an 07 and has the implemented resistor kit for charging when the lights are off. I want to get rid of everything not needed to run the bike with the exceptions of the fan/cooling system, key, tether for main kill switch and if its not a pain in the ass to cut out the lights and resistor kits and just wire the lights to run off of the capacitor with the fan (I have several 22,000 capacitance capacitors that I could wire up together in a small bank to run the lights etc and fan and engine management systems at the same time. My questions are, 1: does anyone have an updated wiring diagram that details the 07+ harnesses?, 2: could anyone lead me in the direction of what can and can't be cut out of the harness as well as if I cut something out, does it need to have a loop in the line to loop the signal back to anything or can I simply cut and terminate wires that aren't needed? Any help would be appreciated. Electrical isn't my strong suit but I am mechanically inclined enough to figure it out with a little help or a proper wiring diagram. Thanks for your help..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.