YFZ Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here we go. i bought this 07 yfz 450 but the guy lost the manuel. If any one could help me out with some info on oil chaning, how much, the process and chain tightening process and stuff that would be great or even hook me up with a manuel that would be sweet, thanks in advance

·
dippy doodle
2,801 Posts
To change the oil with the filter you need 2 qts. of oil and of course the filter. Drain the oil out of the case and the oil tank. Put .4 qts in the case and put the rest which is 1.6 qts. in the oil tank by the radiator. I would look on ebay and get a manual, they go for pretty cheap.

·
Registered
950 Posts
1.6 quarts in the tank & .4 quarts in the case. Pretty straight forward, drain. Fill lol .. To tighten the chain you gotta loosen the two bolts that are on each side of the swingarm. Go take a good look at it, most of its just commen sense.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
QUOTE (gtilley45 @ Feb 11 2009, 04:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=745378
The manual for my '04 says 1.96 quarts. But that's close enough to 2 for me, I usually spill .04 of a quart anyway. :mhihi:[/b]
lol me too

it says in mine that theres 1.55 qt in ressy and .3qt in the motor. Must be a canadian lol, always gotta be different.
and thats in an 07 too.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
yea thats with the filter change

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
oh lol i guess that would make more sense :loser:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SIDEWINDER!!! thank you man!!! i appriciate it ! and yes it is pretty basic drain and fill, but im mainly a moto guy and to be honest i didnt know if there was a special order you had to do things or technique seeing that it has a seperate oil tank up front, but thanks everyone for the help!

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
QUOTE (suzook241 @ Feb 11 2009, 05:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=745415
SIDEWINDER!!! thank you man!!! i appriciate it ! and yes it is pretty basic drain and fill, but im mainly a moto guy and to be honest i didnt know if there was a special order you had to do things or technique seeing that it has a seperate oil tank up front, but thanks everyone for the help![/b]
when you do your regular oil checks or changes, make sure the engine is ran for a little bit to circulate the oil through the system and level out. If it sits for a few days, the oil slowly drains into the case and will give you a false reading.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.