YFZ Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,

So i don't have that much mechanical experience but i am trying to get this figured out,It just cranks and cranks, it will start for a little bit if i hammer the gas but then just dies. I have replaced the battery, cleaned carb and all jets. I checked all the fuel lines for cloggs and all seemed ok, i pulled the fuel petcock out and made sure it was clean.I didn't see any in tank fuel pump but i read somewhere to check the wiring on it, can anyone let me know the location of the fuel pump?
Also it was tipped over last time i was out and i read something about a tip over killswitch or sensor or something.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hello everybody,

So i don't have that much mechanical experience but i am trying to get this figured out,It just cranks and cranks, it will start for a little bit if i hammer the gas but then just dies. I have replaced the battery, cleaned carb and all jets. I checked all the fuel lines for cloggs and all seemed ok, i pulled the fuel petcock out and made sure it was clean.I didn't see any in tank fuel pump but i read somewhere to check the wiring on it, can anyone let me know the location of the fuel pump?
Also it was tipped over last time i was out and i read something about a tip over killswitch or sensor or something.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
I see Knowone has tried to help u out with your problem. I’ll see if I can give u some suggestions. Did the quad run fine prior to the tip over? Have u modded anything on the quad? I have an 05yfz450 and not sure if same as the 07, but mine does not have a fuel pump.The gas is gravity fed to the carb. As far as tip over sensor,it’s under the seat by battery. I’ll try an post a pic,but it’s a little black plastic skinny box with a plug in it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have one of those but it broke off so it just kind of flops around, is there a way to reset it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was also doing some electrical testing and I was testing the stator, I get ohm readings from the white/yellow pair but nothing from the white/red pair, I assume that’s not right?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this problem a while back. I pulled the choke & kept trying to see if it would help reset the senor by overriding the fuel relay. Once it was set where it would stay crank, slow push the choke in and see if it stays running as the choke gets closer to being pushed in. Not sure if this will help, but I figured it would be worth a try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts