YFZ Central banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,

So i don't have that much mechanical experience but i am trying to get this figured out,It just cranks and cranks, it will start for a little bit if i hammer the gas but then just dies. I have replaced the battery, cleaned carb and all jets. I checked all the fuel lines for cloggs and all seemed ok, i pulled the fuel petcock out and made sure it was clean.I didn't see any in tank fuel pump but i read somewhere to check the wiring on it, can anyone let me know the location of the fuel pump?
Also it was tipped over last time i was out and i read something about a tip over killswitch or sensor or something.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hello everybody,

So i don't have that much mechanical experience but i am trying to get this figured out,It just cranks and cranks, it will start for a little bit if i hammer the gas but then just dies. I have replaced the battery, cleaned carb and all jets. I checked all the fuel lines for cloggs and all seemed ok, i pulled the fuel petcock out and made sure it was clean.I didn't see any in tank fuel pump but i read somewhere to check the wiring on it, can anyone let me know the location of the fuel pump?
Also it was tipped over last time i was out and i read something about a tip over killswitch or sensor or something.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
I see Knowone has tried to help u out with your problem. I’ll see if I can give u some suggestions. Did the quad run fine prior to the tip over? Have u modded anything on the quad? I have an 05yfz450 and not sure if same as the 07, but mine does not have a fuel pump.The gas is gravity fed to the carb. As far as tip over sensor,it’s under the seat by battery. I’ll try an post a pic,but it’s a little black plastic skinny box with a plug in it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts