YFZ Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 06 yfz450 it won’t idle right keeps shutting off of small back fire and dies without any throttle I have recently rebuilt the carb switch to a pro design adapter and k&n filter I have a 52 pilot and 168 main 3 clip on needle I live in north est part of Ohio so like 500 ft sea level. I have to have my fuel screw out more then 3 turns to get it to idle as fare as I know motor is stock bore

· Super Moderator
3,140 Posts
try going down on the pilot and fuel screw to 2 turns out.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did something get put back together wrong in the carb? How does the air boot look?
Boot looks ok and I think the problem was in multiple areas the mid body on the carb had bad gaskets I found that 3 valves were out of spec and the timing chain was stretch. I have pulled everything apart new top end gaskets shimmed the valve and waiting on carb kit and I’ll update if problems are solved

· Registered
05' Yfz450 airbox lid off, monster pipe shorty full exhuast, jetted
20 Posts
Good deal!! My quad was severely out of spec on valve shims for a long time and when I finally changed the sims the valves were slightly held open.

· Registered
05' Yfz450 airbox lid off, monster pipe shorty full exhuast, jetted
20 Posts
I would also make sure the airboot clamps are tight enough when you put it back together, mine had that prob and that's what it turned out to be

1 - 7 of 7 Posts