YFZ Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys new here hoping to get some advice. Got this 06 carb model with a sparks exhaust on it. Having trouble tuning it, with the 48 & 185 jets it ran ok, definitely ran lean plug was white after a 30min ride and it would shut off after a while then turn back on also had to have the air fuel screw out a lot for it to run. I swapped them with the recommended jets (keihn jets) it’s worse now it idles really high even with the idle turned down. Not really good at tuning and it sucks having to keep pulling carb off. I’m in NJ btw. Motor is stock and airbox lid is off and it has a K&N filter. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Hey guys new here hoping to get some advice. Got this 06 carb model with a sparks exhaust on it. Having trouble tuning it, with the 48 & 185 jets it ran ok, definitely ran lean plug was white after a 30min ride and it would shut off after a while then turn back on also had to have the air fuel screw out a lot for it to run. I swapped them with the recommended jets (keihn jets) it’s worse now it idles really high even with the idle turned down. Not really good at tuning and it sucks having to keep pulling carb off. I’m in NJ btw. Motor is stock and airbox lid is off and it has a K&N filter. Thanks!
Normally, when running over a 178mj the clip on the needle needs to move. I ran the NCQV needle on the 4th clip and never went over a 175 with the stock intake.

·
Registered
04 yfz450 SE, blown engine, in process or rebuilding. 05 yfz450 SE, fci intake, yoshimura titanium e
22 Posts
Im sea level and run 168 main with I believe a 45 pilot 2 1/2 turn out, NCQV Yamaha needle clip on 3.. stock compression , fci intake, full yoshimura titanium exh, stage 1 hot cams. No issues. Hot this helps
This on a 05

·
Registered
8 Posts
Im sea level and run 168 main with I believe a 45 pilot 2 1/2 turn out, NCQV Yamaha needle clip on 3.. stock compression , fci intake, full yoshimura titanium exh, stage 1 hot cams. No issues. Hot this helps
This on a 05
change ur clip to slot 2 and run a 175 main and 45 pilot if that don’t get you in the ball park call yoshimura and ask them what jetting

1 - 8 of 8 Posts