YFZ Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 05 yfz450 I ordered a battery got it though oh ok maybe it’s bad ordered two more both same problem went to get them tested they r good I got a new solonoid and voltage regulator thinking maybe it’ll fix my problem still just clicks like the battery’s dead Im very confused what the problem could be it tries to start sometimes like the battery’s not dead and it’ll bump start for a little then just die what could the problem be? Thank you

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
What made you get to this point? was the bike running and then just stopped, or has it been sitting and it worked before it was parked. I would start simple and diagnose the starter issue by pulling the plug and making sure the engine spins freely before going deep into anything else.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What made you get to this point? was the bike running and then just stopped, or has it been sitting and it worked before it was parked. I would start simple and diagnose the starter issue by pulling the plug and making sure the engine spins freely before going deep into anything else.
Bike ran was driving down the road ran fine then it died tried jumping it nothing new batteries nothing if I bump start it it’ll run for a little then die randomly and no I rode this thing a lot it didn’t sit for very long

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Definitely pull the plug and turn the engine over by hand to see if it spins smooth. Then try turning it over with the starter a few times. If it locks or hesitates mid-spin with no plug you likely have a bad crank or rod bearing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts