YFZ Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, Bought this quad for 2000 has a 478 big bore nice tight quad came with quite a few goodies I couldn’t pass it up.. but I’m having a problem I can’t get any power to the starter has a new battery, new oem Yamaha solenoid. I read up online a little and tied the thumb throttle wires together also cleaned the neutral switch nothing. I have 2 starters, an older oem yam starter and what looks like a cheap eBay starter both turn by hand. Thinking it could possibly be the starting circuit cut off relay, but that clicks if I unplug and plug it back in.. and I also noticed the bike doesn’t have the harness to the neutral and oil light, could that cause a no start? We also drug it around the yard once got it to run for a good minute until I shut the quad off, just wanted to make sure the motor sounded good. I Cannot get it to do anything just click, so aggravating just want to ride lol I checked cleaned grounds too, the case ground and also the “bullet” near the battery. Please help and thank you all!
Chris

·
Registered
16 Posts
Before you do anything you should tear the quad apart and just make sure it has the oil mod. I was a happy camper when I bought my 04 yfz for 2000, only to change the oil, go on a ride, and have a hole the size of my hand through the side of the motor. Just my .02

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I was planning on ordering a cometic gasket kit for it and checking that once I can at least get the motor to turn over

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No one? Because there’s a million no click posts right. I’m assumed a child or something?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts