YFZ Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have an 05 YFZ that I can't get to start right. It has a brand new fully charged battery and cranks just fine but will not fire until you hook it up to a car battery with jumper cables. I have had the starter checked and it is fine. I checked the stator and found that it is isn't charging, could this keep it from starting on its own ?? I would think with a fully charged battery it wouldn't matter if the stator was working or not but maybe I'm wrong, I hope I am because this would be an easy fix.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the valves have been set. I don't understand how either one of those issues would keep it from starting unless it's hooked to jumper cables ?? Seems to me it's not getting enough voltage to the ignition when it's using it's own battery, as soon as you hook cables up it lights immediately and runs absolutely fine. I would think if there was an issue with the valves or the fuel mixture it wouldn't run right once it was started.Once again, maybe I'm wrong.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.