YFZ Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've posted about this before and had a little help but I'm still having issues. This time I've replaced the timing chain and guides and ignition coil with spark plug. Last time it was the starter, starter solenoid and relay and valves. I still can't get this thing to fire up. Cranks all day. Even when pull started it only sounds like it's running when being pulled and and as soon as the tension is let off the chain it does out to nothing. Like it only wants to run if moving and even when I give it throttle it just doesn't wanna fire up. I'm to the end of taking it to a repair shop and seeing if I missed something. Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
238 Posts
So I've posted about this before and had a little help but I'm still having issues. This time I've replaced the timing chain and guides and ignition coil with spark plug. Last time it was the starter, starter solenoid and relay and valves. I still can't get this thing to fire up. Cranks all day. Even when pull started it only sounds like it's running when being pulled and and as soon as the tension is let off the chain it does out to nothing. Like it only wants to run if moving and even when I give it throttle it just doesn't wanna fire up. I'm to the end of taking it to a repair shop and seeing if I missed something. Any help would be appreciated
Sound like your hearing it putt but not firing if I'm following correctly. I would guess rings or something causing you to have a lack of compression. Like it has enough to make it sound like it wants to run but never fires. That's just one idea. Remember you need spark fuel and compression. I would invest in a compression gauge and check for fuel and spark.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Getting fuel and good compression but can't seem to get spark. Idk what else it could be. I've ran through the entire harness. Just out of curiosity could the cut off relay have anything to do with spark or if one the of the safety switches is closed will it just not turn over? I.e. the clutch pulled in but don't have a neutral switch installed but the clutch safety wires are soldered together so if the relay is unplugged why should it turn over but not fire up?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts