YFZ Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am selling my recently completed and fully rebuilt YFZ450. I bought the quad a few years ago and immediately pulled everything apart. Almost all parts have been powder coated with only a few small pieces painted. All bolts were either stripped of paint and scuffed for a stainless look or painted to match the powder coat. Bolts were not powder coated because it would chip off during assembly.
All bushings and frame bearings were replaced during re-assembly. The rolling chassis was upgraded with an '06 steering stem (1" longer than 04 and 05 plus holds 1 1/8" bars), Easton H&H bars, Laeger +2 +1 A arms, all new Galfer brake lines, Galfer rear rotor, new rear caliper and heavy duty skid plates. I also added a modified Alba front bumper and ProMark winch.
The engine is from an 06, the 05 engine was too damaged to be repaired. Everything (every bearing and seal) inside the engine was replaced except for the transmission. I installed a Hot Rods stroker crank and Athena Big Bore kit. The engine has an 07 side cover and oil pump (not a modified 06 cover). The head was rebuilt by Pro Quad performance and given a 5 angle valve job and brand new valves. It has an HMF Quite Race exhaust to get max power while still not being obnoxiously loud.
The exterior has Polisport plastics. I think they are much nicer and heavier duty than Maeir. I had Wicked Stickers design the graphics based off actual images from the General Lee. These are not off the shelf stickers, they were all custom sized specific to this build. I had the seat reupholstered to match the real interior of the General Lee as well. The quad is currently sitting on Kenda Klaw tires to make it extremely versatile. I was primarily setting it up for trail bashing and X-Country.
The engine only has 30 minutes of run time on it. I have driven it around the block one time to ensure the tranny shifted in to all gears. It has not been taken out and ridden yet. It will require some tuning/adjustments after a few hrs of ride time (just like any new quad).
Words do not do this bike justice, 95% of this bike has been touched and changed in some way to make it different from any other bike out there. I have plenty of spare parts to go with it as well including a spare set of wheels and tires. There is so much done to this bike it would take pages to detail it all out. Thousands in receipts and no expense was spared to make this the most unique and best bike I could build.
Email me at [email protected] for any questions or pics. Asking $4500

·
Registered
592 Posts
Pics or it never happened...

·
Super Moderator
3,149 Posts
Please post pics per rules.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.