YFZ Central banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a '04 yfz450 and was riding at down the rode and it just shut off. I tried starting it back and it tried to turn over real slow. Then every time i hit the start button now it just clicks under the seat. We roll started it and it started up but it shut off after a couple mins. of riding. I checked the batt. and its good. Help me here, What is wrong with my quad?? I own paid 800 dollars for it so i got my moneys worth lol.

·
Registered
13 Posts
the click you are hearing is the starter relay when it clicks its not getting enough power try a new battery first it might have volts but it might not be able to produce the right amount under a load

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
QUOTE (ExtremeEdgeRcng @ Feb 22 2009, 11:59 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=749392
I just got a '04 yfz450 and was riding at down the rode and it just shut off. I tried starting it back and it tried to turn over real slow. Then every time i hit the start button now it just clicks under the seat. We roll started it and it started up but it shut off after a couple mins. of riding. I checked the batt. and its good. Help me here, What is wrong with my quad?? I own paid 800 dollars for it so i got my moneys worth lol.[/b]
I hate to sund like doom and gloom, but that is what the motor sounds like when the rod bearing goes bad. Starter just clicks because the motor is locked up. Check into it a little more.

Good luck.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I agree with sabre sounds like a siezed rod bearing. I know that feeling.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
if its an 04, check the starter relay. i had the same issue with mine Starter relay was blown.. Does the bike have the lights on it or no?

·
Registered
301 Posts
well i agree with sabercat my 06 was doing the same thing and it ended up being my connecting rod bearing seized

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
QUOTE (ExtremeEdgeRcng @ Feb 22 2009, 08:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=749673
So, do you all think i got a good deal on it??? 800 dollars for a 04 YFZ its the black one.[/b]
I think in the end you will have a good deal. You will spend another $700 to $900 into rebuilding the motor and make sure you do my oil upgrade or this could happen again. In the end you have $1500-1700 into it and you know your motor will last for many years if maintained good.

www.jtatv.com

Todd

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just got off work and we are getting ready to pull the motor off. I will Update asap. Does anyone know where we can get nerf bars and other stuff for the new 09 yfz 450R. Just got one 2 days ago and cant find anything for it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We just pulled the head off, it is the crank bearing. Thank you all for your help. We are still looking for nerf bars and such for the new 09 YFZ450R. If anyone knows of any sites that carry them please let us know. Thank you

1 - 13 of 13 Posts