YFZ Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals!

I am alost ready to do the 07+ oil upgrade on my 04 450.

I was just wondering if its smart to buy a used oil pump from eBay?

Thank you!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just follow up on my reply, I don’t ride it, I just fix and maintain the bike. My point being, been there done that with EBay, pay a machine shop to do it right. 300 is a drop in the bucket compared to engine rebuilds.
FYI, Keep the front end down until you get the ‘07 nozzle

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Overdraft! I actually got a great deal on a 07 side case. All I need now is the pump to be complete. I was just wondering if anyone has ever installed a used oil pump on these engines? I found another deal on a used 07 oil pump with 12 teeth. Looks clean. Just worried about it being used.

·
Registered
10 Posts
We are now out of my realm of knowledge. IDK if the ‘07 case will fit on the ‘04 engine and if it does, IDK if all the oil and water ports line up. I’m sure someone here will have the answer.
On the oil pump, unless your in a severe budget constraint, I’d get a new one. The only real “problem” with the ‘04 is oiling. You’ve gone down the right path to correct it no sense in cutting corners now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After many sleepless nights of digging, I found out that it will work. Many of the threads here said it would be the easier option because there will be no wait time. I was going to go the JTATV way but found this casing on a deal. Very true on the oil pump. Ill just get a new one. Thanks again, Overdraft!

So far I have the case, oil squitter, squitter o-ring and gasket. Am I missing anything beside the oil pump?

Anything else I should replace while in there?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts