YFZ Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The battery in my 04 never stays charged. I always have to charge it. Been thru 2 batteries in a year. After doing some research, I have just learned that I need to run with the headlights on for my year. I have ran into so much info that I'm confused. AC/DC current, New stator, put a rectifier/regulator on, upgrade to rm stator kit, etc. Will someone please put this all in English for me and how to install it all?

My end goal is to run led pods where the stock headlights go and a handlebar mounted led bar.
Or keep stock lights and add the led bar.

What do I need to do to make this happen? Someone please help me out. Thank you in advance.

I don't mind reading. I just dont know what to look for. Links or points in the right direction are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
284 Posts
What's ur current setup for lighting? Do you have a vortex? Any other electrical mods? If you want to run a more powerful light that draws more I would think just upgrade the stator. Base on the draw of the new light compared to old lights. I believe I read that the stock stator at 5000rpm outputs 119watts and each stock like pulls 35 watts so 70w total. So it really close at idle. Really any light upgrade probably needs a stator upgrade.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts