YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is the chart from vortex. I tried to rotate it but made it blurry. Please list your mods and settings your running if you are using the ''stock vortex pre installed maps''... If your running a ''custom'' map please list your mods and where you received your map from that way people have options as to where/who they want to go with. Thanks guys/girls.

List of mods - 2009 Yfz450R- Mixxer HvPorting/08 Intake Cam/Full Yosh Rs2/Fci/Vortex x10 ecu/Stock Piston/Stock Valves

Trim settings- Low=7 Mid=7 High=8 X10=4

I haven't tried these settings yet as the weather is crap and just had surgery again so it'll be a little bit.

·
Registered
96 Posts
vortex

Here is the chart from vortex. I tried to rotate it but made it blurry. Please list your mods and settings your running if you are using the ''stock vortex pre installed maps''... If your running a ''custom'' map please list your mods and where you received your map from that way people have options as to where/who they want to go with. Thanks guys/girls.

List of mods - 2009 Yfz450R- Mixxer HvPorting/08 Intake Cam/Full Yosh Rs2/Fci/Vortex x10 ecu/Stock Piston/Stock Valves

Trim settings- Low=7 Mid=7 High=8 X10=4

I haven't tried these settings yet as the weather is crap and just had surgery again so it'll be a little bit.
ok i have a vortex that im wanting 2 install on my 14R it got full DASA.. FCI..and 110 vp fuel..what would be a good setting for this set up..???

·
Premium Member
3,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any reason your using 110 over 93 if your not running high comp piston?

·
Registered
864 Posts
I got mxp maps n both of mine so I cant share

·
Registered
295 Posts
Great thread hopefully more people can chime in.

Today I had the following fitted to my 2009 YFZ450R

Vortex x 10
fci intake
Yoshimura full ti exhaust

Everything else is completely standard.

Switch position 2
low 5
mid 5
high 5

I have to tweak as seems a little rich on idle(black smoke), after 5 minutes of running no black smoke.

Any suggestions? I'm a complete novice when it comes to the vortex.

·
Registered
97 Posts
When you guys are tweaking the fuel switches, are you using any kind of AFR monitoring or just doing what you think it needs/ pulling plugs and looking at them?

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Great thread hopefully more people can chime in.

Today I had the following fitted to my 2009 YFZ450R

Vortex x 10
fci intake
Yoshimura full ti exhaust

Everything else is completely standard.

Switch position 2
low 5
mid 5
high 5

I have to tweak as seems a little rich on idle(black smoke), after 5 minutes of running no black smoke.

Any suggestions? I'm a complete novice when it comes to the vortex.
I'd lower the low setting.

·
Registered
295 Posts
When you guys are tweaking the fuel switches, are you using any kind of AFR monitoring or just doing what you think it needs/ pulling plugs and looking at them?
Ideally some kind of afr monitoring would be best but for me it will be trial and error and a matter of checking the plug.

From looking on the vortex site it seems they are developing a wideband Afr kit to work in conjunction with with the vortex.

Dirt Bike Racing | Motor Bike Engine Accessories | Vortex CDI

·
Premium Member
3,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well guys, from years of tuning cars I just couldn't bring myself to alter the fuel on a fuel injected machine without an O2 reading. I bought an AEM UEGO wideband A/F gauge. I am going to fab up a section of pipe with an O2 bung in it that will temporarily sit between the two halves of the exhaust. I am then going to do pulls in 3rd gear and monitor AFR and make adjustments from there. Doing dyne pulls and then pulls in a large flat area I have access too. Even with load cell dynos, I have seen the tuning be off because of real world load, air resistance, etc. I have my parts on order, I'll update you all on this when I get everything finished.

·
Premium Member
3,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got the shocks on and everything back together finally!! I must say the quad starts as fast as I hit the start button no hesitation at all!.. hopefully get to ride a little bit tomorrow!

·
Registered
752 Posts
is the vortex easer to tune then the msd?

·
Premium Member
3,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Imo yes. No computer needed just a flat head screwdriver. Dyno tune to be exact of course.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
the thread is a good idea.... but the bummer is that you don't have anything to go on unless you have multiple dyno runs with power levels and afr readings at many throttle positions to validate the information...

even then it will be machine and mod list specific and wont translate to other setups that aren't the same...

unless that happens you are just taking wild guesses...

another thing... you will NEVER be glad you upped the rev limiter when you scatter your engine all over the ground.... unless you only make power at the rev limit there is absolutely no reason to chase high rev limits....

10,800 is as high as I would want to put on my expensive race engine.... maybe a bit higher with upgraded springs

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
X10 settings

I am running map position 8 but do not have a HC ratio, so I have trimmed the low/mid/high back to position 2, still seems a little rich after a cople of plug runs. I will continue to play with each setting to see which one works best with my mods

1 - 20 of 159 Posts