HELP NEEDED WITH JETTING :) - Yamaha YFZ450 Forum : YFZ450, YFZ450R, YFZ450X Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-12-2004, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

HELLO, IM NEW HERE AND I NEED SOME HELP?I LIVE IN SOUTHERN CALIF. I HAVE ; NEW450 , JUST INSTALLED FMF TITANIUM POWERBOMB EXHAUST, K&N FILTER WITH SOCK/ TOOK LID OFF.
I PURCHASED THE GYTR JET KIT AND INSTALLED THE YZ450 NEEDLE IN THE #3 POSITION AS INSTRUCTED, I ALSO INSTALLED THE 45 PILOT JET AND THE 165 MAIN.. 2.5 TURNS ON THE AIRSCREW,
WHEN I ACCEL IT POPS, SPITS FIRE OUT THE MUFFLER AND THE EXHAUST GLOWS RED! :O IT IDLES A BIT HIGH, BUT THEN RPM'S DROP WHEN I PULL THE CHOKE.
MY GUESS IS I NEED TO LEAVE THE PILOT, LEAVE THE GYTR NEEDLE AT #3, BUT I NEED TO GO BIGGER ON THE MAIN JET??
THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-12-2004, 11:46 PM

Looks like you may need to up the Pilot and Main. I don't know, still stock, but check out these guys. They helped me.

---------------->>>>>>Daddog&#39;s<<<<<<---------------

AMF-YOYO
If your uncle Jack helped you off an elephant, would you help your uncle jack off an elephant?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Big Bang Theory -- In the beginning there was nothing.......which exploded.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2004, 01:19 AM Thread Starter

HEY THERE OFF ROAD ACE, LOOKS LIKE WERE PRACTICALLY NEIGHBORS,, IM IN COSTA MESA / SANTA ANA AREA.

THANKX FOR THE INFO.. I HAVE ALLREADY GONE THROUGH THEIR WEBSITE,,, GOOD INFO. IM JUST DIGGING FOR MAYBE SOMEBODY WHO HAS THESE SAME MODS, AND WHAT JETS /NEEDLE THEY USED , TO CUT DOWN THE TRIAL/ERROR ATTEMPTS..
IM ALLREADY PISSING OFF THE NEIGBORS
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2004, 03:15 AM

Go 4th clip on needle, leave pilot jet alone, 45p should be good( unless you have done the cam mod then go to a 48 p) The 165 m is too small go to a least 170 to 175m jet. The set up you have now is good for stock no mods..............I run a complete yoshi tri ovl exhaust, pro design foam filter w/ air box lid off, and cam mod done. Started w/ GYTR jet kit only finding myself going back to the shop for bigger jets.... My jettings are 172m, 48p, 5th clip on needle, and 2 1/4 turns on fuel/air mixture screw....Try it out and see how she feels...........My neighbors already called the cops on me for trial & error runs up and down the street......Dont care bike runs great now, well worth it.........check your sparkplug after each test run. Light tan/mocha color is spot on: White too lean: black too rich... :rock
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CARLOS3621@Feb 12 2004, 10:19 PM
HEY THERE OFF ROAD ACE, LOOKS LIKE WERE PRACTICALLY NEIGHBORS,, IM IN COSTA MESA / SANTA ANA AREA.

THANKX FOR THE INFO..* I HAVE ALLREADY GONE THROUGH THEIR WEBSITE,,, GOOD INFO. IM JUST DIGGING FOR MAYBE SOMEBODY WHO HAS THESE SAME MODS, AND WHAT JETS /NEEDLE THEY USED , TO CUT DOWN THE TRIAL/ERROR* ATTEMPTS..*
IM ALLREADY PISSING OFF THE NEIGBORS*
HEY!!!
Glad to know you neighbor. :D

No. No problem here. Just wanted to pass on the info I&#39;ve used and found useful. I totally understand about getting help about the same mod setup.

Where do you ride?

I&#39;m at Gorman, Glamis and Dumont for the most part, and always looking for new areas to ride and new people to ride with.

AMF-YOYO
If your uncle Jack helped you off an elephant, would you help your uncle jack off an elephant?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

WHATS UP OFFROADACE?
U SHOULD EMAIL ME NEXT TIME YOU GO RIDIN
I JUST RECENTLY GOT MY 450, AND HAVE ONLY GONE TO OCOTILLO WELLS, AND RASOR.. (UP NORTH ON THE 15)

MY EMAIL IS [email protected]
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 09:14 PM

Will Do Carlos3621.

Can&#39;t this w/e. Maybe in 2 weeks.

I&#39;ll see if PoolHustler and BidBadYFZ want to go too. They are fun to ride with too.

I&#39;ve got your email, mine is [email protected].

Talk to you soon.

AMF-YOYO

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha YFZ450 Forum : YFZ450, YFZ450R, YFZ450X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page