Okla. Suggestions - Yamaha YFZ450 Forum : YFZ450, YFZ450R, YFZ450X Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2014, 11:42 PM Thread Starter

Okla. Suggestions

Hey guys im looking for some decent places to ride near tulsa. Was planning on going to track @ RV Ranch but been raining so it will be muddy. Also considering App Bay but havent heard how high the water is out there. Dont want to waste a trip. we will be going Friday during the morning and Sunday all day.

We might head out to Redlined in Meeker sunday

Any input would help our planning.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-17-2014, 12:35 AM

I ride at Appalachia Bay sometimes. I live in Bartlesville. Appalachia Bay is a pretty good area to ride, but if you leave the sand, you should be prepared to ride over rocks. Also, make sure to watch out for other people in side-by-sides and on other machines. There's also been a lot of people there on the shoreline in boats and stuff just having a picnic or whatever. The water was fairly high last time I was there, which was about 5 weeks ago. Keystone Dam is a decent area, too, but it's not open all the time. Do you ever ride the dunes? Welcome to the forum, by the way.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-17-2014, 12:57 AM Thread Starter

hey standard81, been here a while and we had planned on goin to Little Sahara back in april but i just got mine running again about a week ago. im just trying to decide if its worth going out to App Bay and my buddy works saturday so he wont want to go out to LS...

Went to the south 75 track last friday after a rain and it was pretty muddy. and the dry spots were rock hard. not the best for being on the track

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-17-2014, 01:17 AM

Yeah, I went there a couple times, but never rode. It was only on a Sunday, and they were having a bike-only practice. I had heard they were supposed to have an AMA sanctioned race, so I showed up and then the race was cancelled and there were only a few people there practicing. I kinda wanted to go there and check out their trails, but I never did. I remember now, about the dune trip... I went in April. It was a good time. You should PM me if you want to go after the weather gets a little cooler again. Maybe the end of September. Let me know.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-17-2014, 01:22 AM

I heard the syracuse sand dunes in syracuse ks are about the same size as little sahara..
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-17-2014, 01:33 AM

Yeah, about the same size. Little Sahara is about 1600 acres and Syracuse is about 1300 acres.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-17-2014, 02:04 AM

I am from hays ks.. and I did the hvac install on the only school in syracuse about 15 years ago..they are riding more and more there and clearing more area..the city is talking about buying some more from some farmer and would yield another 1500 acres. I ride glamis so those are small parks they just reopened 40000 at glamis that's why I bought the new yfz:) but syracuse seems like a nice park rv hookups,real batrooms,showers..
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-17-2014, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by standard81 View Post
Yeah, I went there a couple times, but never rode. It was only on a Sunday, and they were having a bike-only practice. I had heard they were supposed to have an AMA sanctioned race, so I showed up and then the race was cancelled and there were only a few people there practicing. I kinda wanted to go there and check out their trails, but I never did. I remember now, about the dune trip... I went in April. It was a good time. You should PM me if you want to go after the weather gets a little cooler again. Maybe the end of September. Let me know.
Are you talking about Jandebeurs in Okmulgee? ive been told they don't allow quads on the track cuz we tear it up.... Bikes seem worse to me. We have a couple spots to check out around BA. I just didn't want to go to the track if it was gonna be muddy. they don't maintain the track at Tulsa RV Ranch. Ill definitely get with you on goin to LS this fall.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-02-2014, 11:27 PM

I'd also like to know more about places to ride, Im from Stigler and live in Morris now. I go to the whitefield river and plan on going to eufala dam soon. I didnt know there was anything at Tulsa RV ranch. I work in mounds so I am just down the road from it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha YFZ450 Forum : YFZ450, YFZ450R, YFZ450X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page