Old 11-06-2016, 03:20 AM Thread Starter

Not a Yamaha but...

Here's my newest addition to the fleet

kilroy likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2016, 07:35 AM
Bad Azz Admin

How to you like it? I rode one out at Oklahoma little Sahara when they first came out. Felt light, and nimble. Imo needed more low and mid angel for me, but the top end it really shined. I heard (back then) you could cut or tap a wire maybe pink(?) That would change timing curves..... kinda like the cherry bomb mod for the ltr.

"Rider Mod" FTW!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

It's a good quad, but I wouldn't buy another one. I bought this one because my buddy who bought it brand new wanted it out of his garage and priced it accordingly. It's had a Rossier exhaust and their intake on it almost since day one, and I've never had any complaints about the power at any part of the powerband. We used to trade wins racing my old 05 YFZ that had a Gen 2 GYTR exhaust and FCI on it, I'd say the power was just about the same. And you're right, Can-Am built in an additional fuel map (that Rossier claims they developed together) to work with an aftermarket intake and exhaust. You unlock it by literally snipping a pink, unbundled wire under the plastics by the gas tank.

The one thing this thing does have going for it is the suspension. It's not as stiff and harsh as a YFZ (at least a stock 05). The fuel injection is nice on cold starts and elevation changes, but I've had a bunch of problems with it already trying to chase down an electrical gremlin.

YFZ for the win.

Old 11-07-2016, 09:54 PM
Bad Azz Admin

Good to hear my memory of the color wire was accurate. Lol. I bet for sure a pipe, intake and fuel mapping brought up the low to mid power. The yfz does have some stiff suspension, atleast the early years. It was designed and nd tuned for MX andndnd large jumps. Since then everyone else made their softer, since most people did not mx race the 450 class machine to its extent and people complained it being to harsh. If you did race it hard ore you swapped everything out anyways. But it was designed to be race ready. Every once in a while I ee one here for sale, but they always want to much money.

"Rider Mod" FTW!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha YFZ450 Forum : YFZ450, YFZ450R, YFZ450X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in