New guy here, just wanting to share some info. - Yamaha YFZ450 Forum : YFZ450, YFZ450R, YFZ450X Forums
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 08:30 AM Thread Starter

New guy here, just wanting to share some info.

Hey all, new to the YFZ scene always been a LTR guy and i'm making the change on the 14th. Picking up a 2020 YFZ450r. Just got a FMF 4.1 and megabomb header for it and i'm about to order a set of rath nerf bars. I've seen a ton of people running the Vortex ECU but i'm going to stay stock motor forever and just do the exhaust, intake, suspension, bars and what not. Whats a cheaper option. I don't need expansive tuning options just something simple. Been looking into the PC5 and I saw DASA has their own controller as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 10:29 AM

PICS PICS PICS !!!! If it is an SE double check front bumper is right one.

2018 YFZ450R SE : warning labels removed, TMD case saver, GYTR aluminum frame skid with the bracket mod, thick helicopter tape here and there, everything else stock stock stock like the dealer likes it.
PIN IT PIN IT !!! SCREW BREAK IN STEPS !!
AND YES VERTICAL VIDEOS SUCK BIG TIME

On deck.circle: VORTEX ECU/PEAK RACING MOUNT - YOSHI SLIP ON NO SPARKY.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 11:02 AM

The Vortex is one of those things that is worth every penny, and is really the best option. That's coming from personal experience too. My bike all stock with a Vortex ECU is a night and day difference from any YFZ450R from 2009 to 2020. It's supposedly not even a one horsepower difference with the stock exhaust and intake on but it really is a whole new machine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
atvman8351 likes this.

2016 YFZ450R 60th Anniversary Edition

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 11:22 AM

Just get the vortex. I ran a vortex and yoshi exhaust for about a year. No other work to the bike. Was awesome.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 12:00 PM

Hey Sheerider11 remember when you said you were leaving yours stock lol

Ď16 Yfz450r
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 01:34 PM

Garage
I ran a PC5 and had to have it dynoed to get it to work right. Ended up spending like $500-600 and still couldn't get it to work great. Switched to a Vortex and it was like a completely different machine.

2017 YFZ450R XC Setup - OíNeal Racing, Leatt, 4Arm Strong, Engine Ice, ASV Inventions, Ryno Power, ODI Grips, AMSOIL, Sunstar Engineering, Braking, Acerbis Plastics, Kenda Tires, SCOTT, Peak Racing Products, RadicalX, FourWerx

Follow me on Instagram, FB or YouTube at silsby103
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atvman8351 View Post
Hey Sheerider11 remember when you said you were leaving yours stock lol
I said it. And I am glad I went the direction I did. I love it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-26-2019, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yfzgambler View Post
PICS PICS PICS !!!! If it is an SE double check front bumper is right one.
What do you mean by check the bumper? Honestly the only SE I want would be the 2019 Grey plastics or i'm just going to get a blue 450R 2020. I Don't like the gytr bumpers honestly, houser rear grab bar and Rath front for me.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-26-2019, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentLife613 View Post
What do you mean by check the bumper? Honestly the only SE I want would be the 2019 Grey plastics or i'm just going to get a blue 450R 2020. I Don't like the gytr bumpers honestly, houser rear grab bar and Rath front for me.
Donít mind him, but listen to what everyone else is saying

Ď16 Yfz450r
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-26-2019, 04:20 PM

Search ATVTRADERONLINE RANDOMLY different zip codes. YAMAHA assembly line screwup my guess is that on some SEs they dont arrive at the stealerships with an SE bumper, but with a regular front bumper. AND STEALERSHIPS R CLUELESS.

2018 YFZ450R SE : warning labels removed, TMD case saver, GYTR aluminum frame skid with the bracket mod, thick helicopter tape here and there, everything else stock stock stock like the dealer likes it.

post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-28-2019, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

I hear you, I honestly would just give away the bumper for pennies. They're so ugly lol. I like the Rath one, looks like an old school bumper and there's not much differences between the new SE's and the regular 450r. I picked up a PC5 so please don't crucify me lol. Also bought a set of Houser nerf bars and ordering either godspeed or DWT 8x8 rears this week. I'll post pics once everything rolls in.
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 11:38 PM

Good call on the Houser nerfs, their new design is simply awesome and the pro bounce pegs make a pretty big difference, more so than I anticipated. I ordered a set back in March for my ‘19, took until almost August before they shipped direct from Houser since their “new design” was backordered, but man were they worth the wait. Hope you like them!
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 11:48 PM

Also don’t worry about the PC5 vs. Vortex comments, budgets are budgets man, and Vortex availability is a whole other discussion lol we get it, no judgement here. When you find the right map for your upgrades, it will all be worth it. Stock the 450R is still pretty good, but with a solid tune... It can’t be stated enough, it’s like a completely different machine. Good luck and enjoy!
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 12:01 AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 04:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engr450R View Post
Also donít worry about the PC5 vs. Vortex comments, budgets are budgets man, and Vortex availability is a whole other discussion lol we get it, no judgement here. When you find the right map for your upgrades, it will all be worth it. Stock the 450R is still pretty good, but with a solid tune... It canít be stated enough, itís like a completely different machine. Good luck and enjoy!
Thanks man haha, I'll get the updates as soon as I pick up the new rig. I'll search around for maps and see what I can get out of the tuning. Just don't know where to go as far as intake, pulling the stock lid and throwing a filter in or going with the Fuel Customs setup or something similar. Like I said, I'm just gonna keep it stock motor and ride with my kids and girl. Not trying to be on Team Yamaha or anything haha. Nice looking setup, the black plastics look awesome!.
Engr450R likes this.
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentLife613 View Post
Thanks man haha, I'll get the updates as soon as I pick up the new rig. I'll search around for maps and see what I can get out of the tuning. Just don't know where to go as far as intake, pulling the stock lid and throwing a filter in or going with the Fuel Customs setup or something similar. Like I said, I'm just gonna keep it stock motor and ride with my kids and girl. Not trying to be on Team Yamaha or anything haha. Nice looking setup, the black plastics look awesome!.

Thanks! The black plastics are from the Ď15 SE model but 14-current are exactly the same other than color. I got this Ď19 after selling my prior, and started to build it for my son and I to go riding. Iím partial to UNI air filters and the GYTR adapter plate (find on ebay donít pay the big $ direct from Yamaha) and then instead of removing the airbox lid completely, I went with the Pro-Tec Moflo Airbox Lid (Rockymountainatv.com). Its a solid setup, nothing crazy, lasts a long time, keeps the dirt and water out as much as physically possible. Exhaust I went with the HMF Performance series for a few reasons, sounds good, is the style I like, and most importantly I can add an insert to quiet it down a bit when needed and add a spark arrestor when the parks require it. No itís not a Dasa or a Rossier Engineering full kit but for the budget, performance and versatility, itís pretty tough to match. Something to think about. In the end, get what you want, based on your needs lol none of us are gonna end up on Team Yamaha
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 10:55 AM

Turn the god damnn phone sideways !!

post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 01:25 PM

A properly tuned r with a vortex , full intake and full exhaust will not impact your reliability and certainly wonít get you on team Yamaha. You will need a lot of time to get the pc5 right and will most likely have to buy a 2013 Ecu and then dyno it to get it right. The vortex is plug and play no headaches. Thereís been plenty of people who have gone the route of Iím not racing I donít need the vortex only to end up getting the vortex in the end and now sitting on the power commander. They are out of stock for a reason,they work!

Ď16 Yfz450r
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atvman8351 View Post
A properly tuned r with a vortex , full intake and full exhaust will not impact your reliability and certainly wonít get you on team Yamaha. You will need a lot of time to get the pc5 right and will most likely have to buy a 2013 Ecu and then dyno it to get it right. The vortex is plug and play no headaches. Thereís been plenty of people who have gone the route of Iím not racing I donít need the vortex only to end up getting the vortex in the end and now sitting on the power commander. They are out of stock for a reason,they work!

Understood, I own one and it took roughly 4-5 months of wait time before I got. Itís a great tuner, nobody is questioning it. But you also have to understand that not everyone has the means or desire to get a vortex. Let people take their own path.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yfzgambler View Post
Turn the god damnn phone sideways !!

It was a square pic, Tapatalk made it look like a portrait. Who honestly cares
SilsbySilverado103 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha YFZ450 Forum : YFZ450, YFZ450R, YFZ450X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in