Rear brake wiring - Yamaha YFZ450 Forum : YFZ450, YFZ450R, YFZ450X Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

Rear brake wiring

I finally was able to get my yfz back together after cracking the case a few months ago. While I was at i threw a kick start on it because of the charging problem I couldn’t ever get rid of. My plan is to run without a battery eventually but I just got it put back together and want to make sure it runs first.
My question is can I just take off the switch that attaches to the rear brake pedal and unplug it from the harness? Or do I have splice the wires or something. The switch is in the way of the kickstart and I don’t run a taillight anyway.
does anyone have a wiring diagram for a striped harness. I want to run head lights and that’s it. I would like to remove everything else. Also can I run no battery without a capacitor? The coolant stops pumping after the quad shuts off anyway so I don’t really understand the purpose of the fan staying on after the quad is off some times. Thanks guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 01:35 PM

Garage
Yes, you can take off that sensor. It just activates your brake light when you hit the brakes.

There are quite a few wiring diagrams floating around on these forums for different setups. Back in the day I just took it all apart and stripped everything off it you don't need by looking at the actual connections. I am not certain about the capacitor but if memory serves me right i believe you need it.

2017 YFZ450R XC Setup - OíNeal Racing, Leatt, 4Arm Strong, Engine Ice, ASV Inventions, Ryno Power, ODI Grips, AMSOIL, Sunstar Engineering, Braking, Acerbis Plastics, Kenda Tires, SCOTT, Peak Racing Products, RadicalX, FourWerx

Follow me on Instagram, FB or YouTube at silsby103
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

I really need to find more info about the capacitor. I would like to run no battery but don’t wanna lose my fan. I ride a lot at night and putt around so I don’t think I’ll get the air flow I need to keep it cool.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha YFZ450 Forum : YFZ450, YFZ450R, YFZ450X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page