YFZ 450r timing issue , NEED HELP! - Yamaha YFZ450 Forum : YFZ450, YFZ450R, YFZ450X Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 01:35 AM Thread Starter

YFZ 450r timing issue , NEED HELP!

2012 Yfz bought used, with pipe and air box, with wiseco programmer, running fine one day , then started acting like the tip sensor activated, missing and bogging and would only idle for a few seconds,, replaced with KMS eliminator , nothing helped, new fuel injector, fuel pump assembly, TPS, checked stator, crank position trigger, checked timing, replaced plug, checked valves, ......... I AM AT MY WITS END, even paid an Atv shop a lot of money to only have them scratch there heads...help please. I can keep it running now while working the throttle and with only the MSD BOX on that I also replaced along with a new CDI box, crazy ,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 02:50 PM

Garage
Have you checked both the coil itself and also to make sure it’s staying on the spark plug? Mine started coming off in the middle of a race and started causing all sorts of issues.

2017 YFZ450R XC Setup - O’Neal Racing, Leatt, 4Arm Strong, Engine Ice, ASV Inventions, Ryno Power, ODI Grips, AMSOIL, Sunstar Engineering, Braking, Acerbis Plastics, Kenda Tires, SCOTT, Peak Racing Products, RadicalX, FourWerx

Follow me on Instagram, FB or YouTube at silsby103
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-12-2019, 10:19 AM

Thanks for the information.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 01:33 AM Thread Starter

Just a follow up, the fuel injector boot seal, was put on incorrectly, geez!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha YFZ450 Forum : YFZ450, YFZ450R, YFZ450X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page