Mikeman902's 2014 Trail Build - Page 2 - Yamaha YFZ450 Forum : YFZ450, YFZ450R, YFZ450X Forums
 27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 11:00 PM

The front kenda kutter tires look sorta like an old tractor tire pattern. Maybe in person they look better. Rears look good. I bet some white silicone coolant hoses would add 2 more horses on the cool factor. Too much orange.

2018 YFZ450R SE : warning labels removed, TMD case saver, GYTR aluminum frame skid with the bracket mod, Maxxis Razr Plus tires
PIN IT PIN IT STRAIGHT OFF THE SHOWROOM.

Wish list:
VORTEX ECU W/PEAK RACING MOUNT
YOSHI PIPE
PEAK RACING SWING ARM SKID
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atvman8351 View Post
I see the bunching up by the seat latch kilroy talked about. Shee is yours like that?
Nope. I had a shop install mine. They get it 100% every time. Even with the hump.
I knew I wouldn't be able to get it perfect like them.
40 bucks well spent

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 11:18 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by yfzgambler View Post
The front kenda kutter tires look sorta like an old tractor tire pattern. Maybe in person they look better. Rears look good. I bet some white silicone coolant hoses would add 2 more horses on the cool factor. Too much orange.

You can look at them all you want to judge the pattern or you can just try them. I've ran them most of my XC season and they have been kicking ass. They also barely show any signs of wear yet.
kilroy likes this.

2017 YFZ450R XC Setup - OíNeal Racing, Leatt, 4Arm Strong, Engine Ice, ASV Inventions, Ryno Power, ODI Grips, AMSOIL, Sunstar Engineering, Braking, Acerbis Plastics, Kenda Tires, SCOTT, Peak Racing Products, RadicalX, FourWerx

Follow me on Instagram, FB or YouTube at silsby103

post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 11:57 AM

That seat cover is 100 percent In place done. MY OCD approves it.

2018 YFZ450R SE : warning labels removed, TMD case saver, GYTR aluminum frame skid with the bracket mod, Maxxis Razr Plus tires
PIN IT PIN IT STRAIGHT OFF THE SHOWROOM.

Wish list:
VORTEX ECU W/PEAK RACING MOUNT
YOSHI PIPE
PEAK RACING SWING ARM SKID
post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 05:17 PM

Quote:
That seat cover is 100 percent In place done. MY OCD approves it.
I think it's all about who installs it.
I have a lot of foam shaved and a very drastic and curved hump in this cover.
They still got it damn near perfect.

atvman8351 and kilroy like this.
post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 06:54 PM
Police Patrol

Garage
Shee I was able to mount part of my seat cover just as good or better than the above pictures. I only stopped after realising how much I wasn't happy with the cover and the crooked seams. No amount of stretching is going to take that messed up seam out of your seat below. Mine was worse and mine had tons of bunching as well as the stitching on my gray and blue cross bars on the top of my seat were really wavy and looked horrible which can't be corrected by mounting technique. In defense of FourWerx they use really nice and durable materials and I believe I got an oddball cover so if you are considering one hopefully you'll luck out!

In addition, I wouldn't recommend getting the rubber Fourwerx logos down the sides of your seat cover like I had on mine I would go with only one on the back like Shee's seat. I highly recommend that you see a cover in person before you buy one. The blue material on Shee's and my seat is very thick and if you aren't expecting that you might be unhappy with its appearance. If you look at Shee's red and black cover above that looks like a good one. Notice how the seam in the back is symmetrical versus his black and blue seat below.

After seeing both seat covers with my build I feel the OEM cover was the better decision from a artistic and fit and finish point of view. Something to think about before you buy a new seat cover if you have a really busy sticker set I think your bike will look better with a busy seat cover if you have less going on with your scheme a busy seat cover will overpower your scheme and make it look out of place. My FourWerx seat was way to busy for my scheme and it looked really out of place so think hard about it before you order.

Last edited by kilroy; 08-31-2019 at 08:37 PM.
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 10:17 PM

If/when I get a seat cover I think Iím going to go with quadtech I had 2 of their covers in the past and was very happy with them. I like the hump seat idea just not sure how it would be on the trails.
kilroy and Sheerider11 like this.

Ď16 Yfz450r
post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atvman8351 View Post
If/when I get a seat cover I think Iím going to go with quadtech I had 2 of their covers in the past and was very happy with them. I like the hump seat idea just not sure how it would be on the trails.
It's the best. I didnt think I would like it. Now i won't be without it. So much so that's why i made the red one a hump seat too

post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 10:47 PM

Iím thinking I want to find a used seat pan so I still have my stock seat Incase I donít like it and just send it to quad tech they get $25 to install it probably well worth it.

Ď16 Yfz450r
post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 03:14 AM
Police Patrol

Garage
I have a used complete seat...LOL...Black.....The pan has staple holes from me pulling the oem cover off then mounting the aftermarket cover then removing it and putting the oem cover back on...LOL...It looks good just some extra staple holes. The OEM cover doesn't have any tears and all the rubber bumpers are still on the pan.
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 01:00 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I have tried to re-fit my seat cover several times over the last month, my last attempt I used a piece of foam. I donít like how it looks but I have given up for now. I believe the seat cover itself is the problem, not me. I think I will eventually copy Kilroy and buy a blue seat. His looks great and I think it would go well with my orange build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 YFZ450R - Rossier Engineering, FCI, Vortex X10, Peak Breather, Goldspeed Wheels, Kenda Kutter XC Tires
post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 01:05 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:

The look ugly, but the bite into the dirt on corner. Also going to be buying some white hoses now that you mentioned that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 YFZ450R - Rossier Engineering, FCI, Vortex X10, Peak Breather, Goldspeed Wheels, Kenda Kutter XC Tires
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 01:18 AM

Just take the seat to a shop. I have 2 with cut foam, not oem that fit perfect. Will be the best money spent.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
atvman8351 likes this.
post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 12:46 PM

Garage
If you end up wanting to get rid of the seat cover let me know. After I get my graphics installed it might go well on my quad :)

2017 YFZ450R XC Setup - OíNeal Racing, Leatt, 4Arm Strong, Engine Ice, ASV Inventions, Ryno Power, ODI Grips, AMSOIL, Sunstar Engineering, Braking, Acerbis Plastics, Kenda Tires, SCOTT, Peak Racing Products, RadicalX, FourWerx

post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Still working out my Vortex settings, loving my new exhaust but might switch out to a Yoshi. I wake my neighbors up every time I ride to the forest.

post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 07:51 PM

Looks good. Do they make a quite core for your exhaust?

Ď16 Yfz450r
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 11:05 AM

Garage
Talk to David Martinez-Cotton on FB. He owns Rossier and I am sure he has something to help you quiet it down.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha YFZ450 Forum : YFZ450, YFZ450R, YFZ450X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page