Snow Day with a Yamaha YXZ1000R + Video - Yamaha YFZ450 Forum : YFZ450, YFZ450R, YFZ450X Forums
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By ATV.com
  • 1 Post By ShrpShooter416

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

Snow Day with a Yamaha YXZ1000R + Video

Quote:
When I borrowed a YXZ1000R from Yamaha Canada for a trip to northeastern Ontario, I donít think they imagined it would be covered in ice and snow by the time we were done driving it. Truth be told, I didnít imagine that either, but you donít throw away a chance to have an awesome day just because Mother Nature threw a little tantrum.

Just a couple days before driving up north, much of Ontario was unseasonably warm. By the time I loaded up the car, that all changed. It was snowing a little in Toronto and as I worked my way up north on Hwy. 400 to Hwy. 11 it was snowing a little harder.

When my cameraman and I arrived at Cedar Gables Lodge in Bonfield, Ontario (about three and a half hours northeast of Toronto), it looked like winter. Fortunately, the Lodge was able to warm us up with a big dinner before heading to our suite for the night.

A hot breakfast was waiting for us in the morning, which was the perfect start to what would be a fairly chilly day on the Voyageur Multi-Use Trail System (VMUTS) in Bonfield. We were able to load up the bright yellow YXZ1000R and a Yamaha Grizzly 700 and ride directly to the trails from Cedar Gables Lodge. The accessory windshield on the YXZ really came in handy here, as it kept the cold wind off my hands and face. But even on the Grizzly you could stay warm enough if you just dressed for the weather.
Read more about Snow Day with a Yamaha YXZ1000R + Video at ATV.com.
kilroy likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 05:11 PM
Police Patrol

Garage
Direct YouTube link: https://youtu.be/Xu3yftP2LLE

Nice! Looks fun!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 04:16 PM

wow that looks awesome! Great video :)

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 10:19 AM

Great video! Rented one of them for a few days in Glamis last year and it was the most comfortable/fun ride I've ever had in the dunes. Couldn't imagine one with a turbo and other work done.
kilroy likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha YFZ450 Forum : YFZ450, YFZ450R, YFZ450X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page