YFZ Central banner

Best Exhaust For Yfz450r

99K views 80 replies 37 participants last post by  Sheerider11 
#1 ·
I am looking to get an exhaust for my 450r. I have no sound restrictons. I want the best performance pipe you can get. Price does not matter either.

#2 ·
There are a handful of quality pipes out for the R. Look into Dasa, Rossier, Barker, or Sparks. I'm pretty sure they were all putting up good numbers. You can also do a search on here and try to find some more info on those pipes.

EDIT: Check out these Dyno Runs for the Dasa and Rossier. Very Impressive, I would go with one of those two pipes but that is just my opinion.

Rossier Dyno Run. This is on their website.

Dasa Dyno Run by ATP Racing Engines

#4 ·
Hi, From my experince the Rossier puts out the most power. A little more than the Dasa, but I can assure you, its also THE LOUDEST!!!.. Atp racing also agrees with me that the rossier is a bit more powerfull then the Dasa.

I have a rossier and a GYTR pipe, when riding I feel the gytrs bottom end is slightly ahead, but on the mid HIGH end the rossier certainly has an edge... Just my 2 cents.

I bought the gytr since I couldnt xc race with the rossier.. The path is too close to villages... and the cows dont like the noise...

I don't recommend the Monstor big core... I have no clue on earth who you would have to contact if the product was defected or damaged and the only person who sells them is TQS I haven't seen them anywhere else.

My Rossier pipe was damaged when I repacked it *I dropped the inner core 3 flights of stairs* , I contacted Charlie, and he sent me out a new inner core... Great customer service from Rossier..

So if noise is not an issue * I rode with ear plugs at one point* , then Rossier, not only are they a great pipe but Charlie Rossier has amazing customer service, I recommend you purchase directly from the Rossier site. http://www.rossiereng.com/

#6 ·
I bought a LRD Race and couldn't be happier! It is perfect on loudness and power both. Huge improvement, haven't had it dyno'd yet, but sure it'll do well. It's not annoyingly loud like some i've heard also....

I was between the LRD and Dasa when I bought mine and i'm happy with my decision.

#7 ·
QUOTE (YFZ528 @ Sep 14 2009, 09:53 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=807555
I am looking to get an exhaust for my 450r. I have no sound restrictons. I want the best performance pipe you can get. Price does not matter either.[/b]

Listed below is the top 5 exhaust that 09 YFZ450R owners purchase in no particular order off our website. The feedback has been excellent as well.

Dasa
LRD
Rossier
Sparks
Two Brothers

I'd pick one from the list above that you think looks the best on your YFZ450R, and not worry about .5 of a HP. If you have any more questions feel free to call. 270-774-1982
YFZ450R Exhaust Packages

#9 ·
I have the super trap thing, I dont have a noise check thing... But I assure I really doubt whether it was even 99 db, I suspect it was higher. To reduce the db, I had to reduce the number of plates of the super trap, that did work however I was definitely loosing power then.

QUOTE (NZ_YFZ450R_NZ @ Sep 14 2009, 09:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=807746
Which is the best that complies to 96db? Would the Rossier be 96db with the super trap thing?[/b]

#12 ·
QUOTE (DADDIO @ Sep 15 2009, 05:42 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=807767
We pass the 96db check at the WORCS races with the GYTR and Motoworks. The GYTR gives better overall power, though.

You can get ahold of monster directly, here............. http://www.monsterpipe.info/

And Fuel Customs did a pipe test and found the JSR works the best.[/b]
I thought the GYTR was 99db? How you getting it to pass?

I have a Yoshi pipe at the moment but feel like I could get more from a new pipe.

Thanks for your replies guys.

#13 ·
QUOTE (NZ_YFZ450R_NZ @ Sep 15 2009, 12:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=807811
I thought the GYTR was 99db? How you getting it to pass?

I have a Yoshi pipe at the moment but feel like I could get more from a new pipe.

Thanks for your replies guys.[/b]
Fresh packing.............

I have a quiet core for it that DRD made for me, but I forgot to put it in, and Reed took the bike through tech, and it passed.

#15 ·
I don't really know which is the "easiest" to re-pack. The GYTR and DRD (they are the same) are easy. They use screws and the core is easy to line up when re-assembling.

The head has been ported by MMAD, Wiseco piston, I run the PCV with autotune, Sparks intake and filter, and the Rekluse EXP clutch and it runs on Sunoco std.

#16 ·
id go with one that kb listed, and get a fuel customs intake

Rossier and dasa are what id look into

Dasa is also the best looking pipe from my perspective.

#19 ·
QUOTE (Barwani @ Sep 14 2009, 07:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=807705
I don't recommend the Monstor big core... I have no clue on earth who you would have to contact if the product was defected or damaged and the only person who sells them is TQS I haven't seen them anywhere else.[/b]

Us, Holeshots Designs, and Kenz cycle tech all sell the Monster pipes.

Any problems with the pipe and you can contact us we will for sure get you taken care of.

#20 ·
I talked to TQS and they said that the monster big core make slightly more power and is slightly louder than the rossier

#21 ·
I would have to agree with DADDIO. The GYTR or DrD (Same) are great for overall power and I myself haven't been harassed by the "Noise Boys." It's hard to beat an exhaust system that was built/designed specifically for your bike.

My bike is set up with a pro flo K&N intake with full race GYTR exhaust, GYTR high compression piston, 06 Intake cam, Power Commander 5 and the bike is running on 110. Very happy with my exhaust.

#23 ·
i talked to TQS again and made sure the monster big core had alot of low end power since i race xc and they said I should either go with the monster big core or the Rossier. I think i'm going with the Monster pipe with interchangeable cores

#25 ·
QUOTE (davehoare @ Nov 24 2009, 05:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=822148
I thought those 2 pipes were know for there top end power??? Seems to me the GYTR has been the best for low end so far?[/b]
thats what i thought but TQS said it would be great for xc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.