YFZ Central banner

barker or fmf

7K views 54 replies 14 participants last post by  BobPeabody67 
#1 ·
fmf 4.1 titunium rct full exhaust of barker full exhaust ?

one more thing why the f*** fmf full exhausts are super expensive!!! ???:|

#2 ·
From what ive read on all the threads ive noticed that barker seems to be the better choice. I have barkers on my raptor and wont ever buy anything else. Only issue ive had with the barker is the heat shield. other than that it looks awesome and sounds great. I would choose barker over anything.

#13 ·
I'd love to know how many of you people have actually owned an FMF 4.1 system? I'd bet not many... My 4.1 and mega bomb titanium header setup works flawless. Low end and mid power is spot on every time! Noise lvl makes it so the entire town doesn't have to hear you 3 miles away. It's very light and looks dang cool I think. Only thing I really hate about the mega bomb is the amount of heat that comes off of the header. Really sucks lol! Is there better? Yup, im sure there is but I absolutely Love how it performs and sounds..

#18 ·
so many people say the same thing about the fmf , in my opinion i think the fmf exhaust sound like a 450 dirtbike (i know they have the same engine but the sound different) the barker,DASA,monster exhausts they have another sound for the quad is it me or someone else feel they same way ?

sorry if you didn't understand my english is not the greatest lol

#14 ·
I owned the blue FMF 4.1 RCT. It was never mounted/used so I can't comment on the performance however, I can comment on fit and finish which led me to sell it. One positive point on the blue RCT it is by far the lightest exhaust I've seen to date. I have some really good photos of the RCT if anyone would like to see it before they buy one!

#17 ·
so many people say the same thing about the fmf , in my opinion i think the fmf exhaust sound like a 450 dirtbike (i know they have the same engine but the sound different) the barker,DASA,monster exhausts they have another sound for the quad is it me or someone else feel they same way ?

sorry if you didn't understand my english is not the greatest lol

#27 ·
Only exhaust I have owned on my quad so far is barkers. I made 47.3 with a barkers, vortex, and FCI. One good thing about them is they have great customer service. I have gone through 4 barkers exhaust and every time they have sent me a brand new exhaust and paid for shipping. I had a black can and it kept fading after the 3rd time it happened I decided to just get my 4th exhaust just brushed silver with no powdercoat and so far its helped up great. Either way they make good power and sound good. If I were to get another exhaust I would probably go with Dasa or Curtis sparks.

#52 ·
Just for the record, I've got a FMF F4.1 on my 16 and a Barkers on my 09... The FMF sticks out 1/2" more than the barkers. Both stick out less than the stock grab bar.

Reactions: kilroy
#54 · (Edited)
Bob isn't the FMF can light? I remember mine weighing next to nothing.... Both are sexy pipes and the FMF'S are pretty popular with racers....If you are a wheelie guy the Barkers might be a better option....?

If you look at Bob's grab bar the RS 2 stops just before the flag holder...It's pretty short. Zoom in on my photo....

I think most people would be very happy with any of the 3 above pipes!

Bob I've always liked the 09 white and red bike, and both 14 color schemes....the 17 blue white bike isn't bad either!

To make your choice harder don't forget Dasa, Curtis Sparks, MONSTER, Trinity, Lonestar racing, etc......LOL

#55 ·
Bob isn't the FMF can light? I remember mine weighing next to nothing.... Both are sexy pipes and the FMF'S are pretty popular with racers....If you are a wheelie guy the Barkers might be a better option....?

If you look at Bob's grab bar the RS 2 stops just before the flag holder...It's pretty short. Zoom in on my photo....

I think most people would be very happy with any of the 3 above pipes!

Bob I've always liked the 09 white and red bike, and both 14 color schemes....the 17 blue white bike isn't bad either!

To make your choice harder don't forget Dasa, Cutis Sparks, MONSTER, Trinity, Lonestar racing, etc......LOL
Yep the F4.1 is super light. I really love my 2016 60th Aniv. with hints of blue through it. That's why I got the blue F4.1, all my Walsh stuff will have blue stickers, etc.

I like the 2009 color scheme. The 2014's were dope. I don't like the 2017 blue and white ones though. Too white and too blue. Doesn't really make sense, but whatever. The 2009's had enough black and red to make the white not look weird.

Whatever. My opinion. Lol

Reactions: kilroy
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.