Oil Upgrade Complete - Yamaha YFZ450 Forum : YFZ450, YFZ450R, YFZ450X Forums
  Yamaha YFZ450

Suzuki Z400

Suzuki LT-R450

Kawasaki KFX450

ATV Videos

Can-Am DS450

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2008, 06:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Just put everything back together after having J&T Products install the oil upgrade. Everything is running great and the work looked very professional. Tip, if you don't have an impact wrench go out and get one to get that 30mm nut off the clutch basket, works like a charm. Over-all it was a pretty simple job. Now I feel more confident about having a reliable machine. Thanks J&T!

Josh
ranger85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2008, 12:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
srt

dont get your hopes up i done the oil mod and 1 year later baam crank locked up
srt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

QUOTE (srt @ Sep 17 2008, 11:14 AM)
Quote:
dont get your hopes up i done the oil mod and 1 year later baam crank locked up[/b]
that isnt the oil mod its the oil upgrade from the 07+.

.:: 2001 660 Raptor::.
HMF Slip on | K&N Jet Kit | ModQuad Air Filter Kit | blah blah blah
Sontizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 10:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

QUOTE (srt @ Sep 17 2008, 07:14 AM)
Quote:
dont get your hopes up i done the oil mod and 1 year later baam crank locked up[/b]
I talked to a few customers that had the mod fail, but the update had no problems.

Todd
sabrecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 06:11 PM   #5 (permalink)

QUOTE (srt @ Sep 17 2008, 11:14 AM)
Quote:
the oil mod slings oil at the wristpin...
if the crank bearings locked, then that is a whole other issue

I have yet to see an "oil modded" or oil "updated" 450 fail a wristpin due to lack of oil
hefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

I tell most customers that I talk to that there is always a chance that some damage has been done before the update was put in. If so, There is a chance that the motor would have rod problems prematurely. Don't let people fool you, this update is a engine saver to many many owners and does work.

www.jtatv.com

Todd
Old 03-16-2010, 03:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

QUOTE (sabrecat @ Mar 14 2009, 10:26 PM)
Quote:
I tell most customers that I talk to that there is always a chance that some damage has been done before the update was put in. If so, There is a chance that the motor would have rod problems prematurely. Don't let people fool you, this update is a engine saver to many many owners and does work.

www.jtatv.com

Todd[/b]
People also need to know that the oil squirter directs oil at the underside of the piston for the wrist pin. It probably helps very little in preventing rod bearing failures. I don't know how common wrist pin failures are on pre 2007 YFZ's, but I do see some rod bearing failures from time to time.
cawcislo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:44 PM   #8 (permalink)

QUOTE (cawcislo @ Mar 16 2010, 10:36 AM)
Quote:
People also need to know that the oil squirter directs oil at the underside of the piston for the wrist pin. It probably helps very little in preventing rod bearing failures. I don't know how common wrist pin failures are on pre 2007 YFZ's, but I do see some rod bearing failures from time to time.[/b]
After the oil squirts on the wrist pin...where do you think it falls???
Old 04-10-2010, 11:08 AM   #9 (permalink)

How much did the update cost? Did it come back with the squirter already attached?
Nacho616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:31 AM   #10 (permalink)

QUOTE (Nacho616 @ Apr 10 2010, 07:08 AM)
Quote:
How much did the update cost? Did it come back with the squirter already attached?[/b]
The update kit cost $199.95. It will come back with the squirt nozzle installed and a brand new in the box hi output oil pump, clutch cover gasket and a couple other parts. The pump puts out 18% more pressure that supplies the bottom rod bearing to help prevent bearing failure and the nozzle squirts oil directly up under the piston to lube the upper bearing. This kit make your 450 exactly the same as the 07's and newer. If you have had rod failure be sure to ask for the rotor gear set for the back side of the oil pump. It is only $15.00 from me and I will send it with your kit. It become damaged from metal shaving in the oil.

www.jtatv.com

Todd
Old 04-12-2010, 04:03 AM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to defiant

QUOTE (sabrecat @ Mar 14 2009, 09:26 PM)
Quote:

www.jtatv.com

Todd[/b]

I'm a believer!

Had Todd do the oil upgrade 2 years ago and, motor has not failed. Just picked up an 05' YFZ....that's gonna need an upgrade.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement