2006 Raptors Do They Have Problems? - Yamaha YFZ450 Forum : YFZ450, YFZ450R, YFZ450X Forums
  Yamaha YFZ450

Suzuki Z400

Suzuki LT-R450

Kawasaki KFX450

ATV Videos

Can-Am DS450

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2007, 06:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to rider 4 life Send a message via MSN to rider 4 life Send a message via Yahoo to rider 4 life

I was wondering is there any problems with the 2006 Raptor 700's? I found one for a cheap price and was wondering what problems they have with them being that they are a first year quad. Also i rode a 700 that was all stock to me it seemed really lazy for bottom and mid range compared to my old YFZ. I heard that once you put a pipe and computer tuner on them it really brings them to life.
07 Bill Ballance edition yfz 450-Curtis Sparks full system, GYTR CDI box, UNI, Cam Mod, jetted, Weisco 13.1 piston, mild port and polish, Front Douglas yellow labels 4+1, 21" kenda klaws, 20" Holeshot GNCC's, +3 Team firestick, ac swing arm skid plate, Homade engine skid plate, and pro armor teather

08 Outlander 800 XT - 26" Oulaw MST's, Itp SS108's, ricochet a arm skids, homemade frame skids, UNI, HMF Penlend slip on

06 yamaha FZ6 - pilot power rear tire
07 Honda VTX1300 Bub pipes, jetted
rider 4 life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2007, 11:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

Cool

Some early model 06 700's have a problem with vapor lock and the cooling fan does not come on . To check look at part number on fuel pump. If the number ends in a one it has the older fuel pump and if it ends in a 2 you will be fine. The cooling fan is an easy fix. The connections on the fan were not plugged in all the way.I have an 06 Raptor and have had no issues with it so far. Once you put a new pipe, intake and fuel controller on they really wake up. People say the kill YFZ's all the time. You be the judge on that one. I'm not getting into that debate and certainly not on a YFZ site.
vermin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
Police Patrol

Send a message via MSN to husker525 Send a message via Yahoo to husker525

They don't have any real problems and if you can find one that your budget likes, then buy it!!. Raptors are fast. A few small mods, and they are really fast. And no, I am not getting into the YFZ vs Raptor 700 battle either. I have owned both. Both were fast.....
TEAM TRIGGER RACING (Now sponsored by AMSOIL, Vickery Motorsports, MotoXNutrition,DZ Graphics, Engine Ice, DeRisi Racing, Team Ape, Cosworth Pistons, Hiper, Lonestar Racing. Barker Exhausts Terse 07 Race engine
2007 Blue YFZ: Venom 14:1 piston, Cam Mod, Jardine RT4 Exhaust, 175 main, 45 pilot, 04 needle 3rd clip/ 3 t 2013 YFZR....
Become a fan of Team Trigger Racing on Facebook!!! Some people surround themselves with smoke and mirrors, I prefer to use VooDoo !!!
husker525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 03:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

i own both 05 yfz and 06 raptor. I put a ton of hours on the raptor when i got it and put it to the test to say the least. Held up pretty good i mean i broke a headlight bracket here and there and little expected stuff but nothing major for what i did to it. I had to sleeve the cylinder due to the coating wearing off but like iu said i had alot of hours on it. Rode 3-5 times a week when i could. Im happy w/ the bike overall. I like th ehandling of the yfz better but the raptor is a great woods bike. I put a full system, intake, programmer and 11:1 piston and its like a whole new bike. More power through the whole range of revs
f4istunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 03:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

I had the throttle position sensor go out on mine which ruined the whole 3-day trip . Not really a problem with the machine, just one of the many joys of fuel injection. It was covered under the warranty and it hasn't had even a hiccup since. They're reliable machines.

2007 YFZ450 Special Edition (blue and white)
GYT-R New Generation Full Race Exhaust (stainless)
GYT-R High Flow Air Filter and Billet Adapter
GYT-R Performance CDI
GYT-R NCVQ Needle and Billet Fuel Screw
GYT-R Nerf Bars
Cam Mod
Pro Design Kill Switch
YFZ-SE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 05:17 AM   #6 (permalink)

fuel pump issue here with me. other than that she runs like a raped ape.. for real.
now i have some internals done and boy does that thing scream
rap7hundred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:59 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
I was wondering is there any problems with the 2006 Raptor 700's? I found one for a cheap price and was wondering what problems they have with them being that they are a first year quad. Also i rode a 700 that was all stock to me it seemed really lazy for bottom and mid range compared to my old YFZ. I heard that once you put a pipe and computer tuner on them it really brings them to life.[/b]
I have a 06 and am the current four stroke record holder at thunder road sand drags with a 4.26 and a 1.41 sixty ft. time. I think that the 06 raptor is ok. never had any problems with mine.
Juiced yfz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement