Still NO SPARK! - Yamaha YFZ450 Forum : YFZ450, YFZ450R, YFZ450X Forums
  Yamaha YFZ450

Suzuki Z400

Suzuki LT-R450

Kawasaki KFX450

ATV Videos

Can-Am DS450

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2011, 09:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Still NO SPARK!

New wiring harness,Plug Coil,Rectifier,CDI,Semi New Stator, Grounds cleaned and tightened/connected, TORS system looped & Still NO SPARK! Im lost & Done with the BS Any Ideas or Help would be appreciated...ANY!

YZFOakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2011, 04:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

well shoot you already listed all the problems I was going to say...dead battery? lol. The only other thing you could do is hook power up to the bike and wire check everything with a tester... Something electrical current is not working...could be as small as a short somewhere.
Munition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

not trying to be mean or anything but have you tried a new spark plug? (that's the only thing i didn't see listed)

Massive case of IBS.
StevenEngage86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

Steven Im buying another plug today, Have tried others but not the right numerical plug. Munition the tester will be bought tomorrow to start checking the quad over. If all else fails I will have a Trinity Racing built 470 engine in the classifieds

Old 09-01-2011, 09:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

lol that sucks man.. If you have all new electrical there is no reason it wont work.. something small is the issue.. you already bought all the expensive stuff.
Munition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

By chance have U checked the Spark Plug Boot?

They sometimes get corroded, break the connection. I have in past had to trim back the wire and it worked wonders!
2007 YFZ 450 Special Edition - Stock Engine, Cam Mod, GYTR K&N Filter & GYTR outerwear in Factory air box w/lid removed(some day an FCI), Jet Kit, Full HMF Performance Series Pipe (Gutted, just end cap and packing), AC Pro Peg Nerfs (getting repainted), Pro Taper 1 1/8" bars -
- Dyno Tune'd by PCP Offroad
http://www.pcpoffroad.com/index.html
MrSmartJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:21 PM   #7 (permalink)

^x2 Pull the boot from the wire. Cut it back a little and try it. Definitely fixes a lot of issues...

Special thanks to Baldwin Motorsports, PEP, & SSI Decals
Kovatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

Just wondering will it compression start?I had an issue last year no spark while cranking it and went through everything by the book and it ended up being the pickup(or trigger) coil loaded up with a glob of somthing greyish and metallic.Cleaned it and fired right up....instantly.Im 95% sure it was that but I also swapped out a trailtech +8oz flywheel at the same time so I cant be 100%
TCR adjustable exhaust,QC Porting,Falicon balanced crank,Oil mod,HC piston,Qs3,Dynatek cdi,K&N proflow/outerwear,Precision Pro stabilizer,+2 ars/fx stem,Rekluse clutch,Precision shock&vibe,custom Axis,Beadlocks/razr2's,XC dominator axle,14/38 gearing and (Fall/winter jetting)170,45pj,ncvq 3rd,2-1/2 turns.Blingstar & GT skids and Ars/fx xc arms
str8shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:39 PM   #9 (permalink)

I finally went over the grounds and all the harness & GOT SPARK! LOL Now I cannot get it to start!! Crank & Crank but no start. Even with starting fluid all I get is cranking and the occasional fireball out the header pipe? ANY ONE?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement