how much oil does a yfz take - Yamaha YFZ450 Forum : YFZ450, YFZ450R, YFZ450X Forums
  Yamaha YFZ450

Suzuki Z400

Suzuki LT-R450

Kawasaki KFX450

ATV Videos

Can-Am DS450

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2011, 02:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default how much oil does a yfz take

i was wondering how much oil and 5w 30 or what to put in my yfz i got it on trade and have no idea. and is there a site glass or a plug to pull, on the cases to find the correct oil level. like on my crf250r you pull a plug and when you get oil comming out you are done cap it off and thats it. also what does the resevor hold and is it for the clutches, cases.
jclc43837 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2011, 04:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Police Patrol

Send a message via MSN to husker525 Send a message via Yahoo to husker525

It takes about 1.9 qts to do an oil change with a filter. You check the oil by using the dipstick located in the oil tank. Do not screw the dipstick all the way in, just set it flush before threading it in. Always warm it up first before you check it.
TEAM TRIGGER RACING (Now sponsored by AMSOIL, Vickery Motorsports, MotoXNutrition,DZ Graphics, Engine Ice, DeRisi Racing, Team Ape, Cosworth Pistons, Hiper, Lonestar Racing. Barker Exhausts Terse 07 Race engine
2007 Blue YFZ: Venom 14:1 piston, Cam Mod, Jardine RT4 Exhaust, 175 main, 45 pilot, 04 needle 3rd clip/ 3 t 2013 YFZR....
Become a fan of Team Trigger Racing on Facebook!!! Some people surround themselves with smoke and mirrors, I prefer to use VooDoo !!!
husker525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

The YFZ uses the same oil for engine and drive. Manual says 1.94 I think, everybody I know dumps 2 full quarts in when changing oil and filter. The oil level dipstick is on the oil res. tank. Remember you need to run the engine, let it sit for about a minute then check level or you will not get an accurate reading. I would use 20w-50 synthetic oil, its warm enough now to use this thicker oil.
FCI Intake
Venom exhaust
Cam mod
High volume oil pump
Oil upgrade J&T
ScaryFast accelerator pump
F2 Racing Bullseye
F2 Racing Fast Cap
Mod Quad aluminum axle
Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 05:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

ok what about the clutch oil is there a weep hole on the motor or does the resivor hold the oil for the clutch
jclc43837 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 06:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

As posted above, the transmission, clutch, engine use the same oil bath. 1.9 -2qts does it all.

To drain the oil you need to drain the oil tank AND the case.

The Blue Fofiddy is Strong.......
ElderGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement