How to install water pump bearing seals - Yamaha YFZ450 Forum : YFZ450, YFZ450R, YFZ450X Forums
  Yamaha YFZ450

Suzuki Z400

Suzuki LT-R450

Kawasaki KFX450

ATV Videos

Can-Am DS450

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2011, 01:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default How to install water pump bearing seals

I am wondering which way the bearing seals should face on the inside and outside of the bearing.

with the side of the seal shown what way should it face on the outside of the case and which way should it face on the inside of the case. The reason I am asking is because I thought I did it correctly the first time but now I am second guessing my work because the pump leaked out of the weep hole after assembly was complete. Please help!
06' Dasa Classic, Stage 2 DynoJet kit, Boysen Quikshot III, Rec MX fuel screw, Rock Pro Series nerf bars, Houser +1 steering stem, Gibson stabilizer, Velocity intake with K&N+outerwear,TAG poly skid, AC swinger skid, J-N-J A-Arm skids, Loestar +2 swinger, Lonestar Billet twin row carrier, DID X-Ring chain, Renthal 38 Rear and 13 Front sprockets, T.M. Designworks slide N guide kit + case saver, G-Force +2 +4 axle, LSR E-Brake Block off kit. Quad Tech hump seat, TAG agro bumper.
yama450yfz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2011, 02:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pbsandman7

Replacing The Waterpump Seals.

Here is a link to the tutorial.

The springs face away from each other. Based off of your photo, the "top" of those seals would face each other.

WR 513cc 67hp Super Duner
pbsandman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

Ok, I had it right the first time. The reason it leaked was that I had put a hole in the new seal when installing it. Bike is running great now it is a blessing to ride again.
06' Dasa Classic, Stage 2 DynoJet kit, Boysen Quikshot III, Rec MX fuel screw, Rock Pro Series nerf bars, Houser +1 steering stem, Gibson stabilizer, Velocity intake with K&N+outerwear,TAG poly skid, AC swinger skid, J-N-J A-Arm skids, Loestar +2 swinger, Lonestar Billet twin row carrier, DID X-Ring chain, Renthal 38 Rear and 13 Front sprockets, T.M. Designworks slide N guide kit + case saver, G-Force +2 +4 axle, LSR E-Brake Block off kit. Quad Tech hump seat, TAG agro bumper.
yama450yfz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement