Yfz450 Won't Start? - Yamaha YFZ450 Forum : YFZ450, YFZ450R, YFZ450X Forums
  Yamaha YFZ450

Suzuki Z400

Suzuki LT-R450

Kawasaki KFX450

ATV Videos

Can-Am DS450

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-29-2008, 12:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to 2004mxyfz450_racer

Ok, so I bought a kickstart kit finally and I've been out trying to kickstart my yfz450 to get her running again, and it won't start. I checked the park plug, and that is getting spark, and the carberator is getting fuel, but the quad still won't start? When I kick it over, it wants to start up, but something just keeps cutting it off when it does, and I have been looking at the spark plug over and over, the carberator...and I'm clueless right now as to what to do. I called the dealer and the technician told me to take the carberator out, take it apart and clean it, and put some fresh new fuel in it then it should start up, but i dunno. Anyone have any advice or ideas for me? Please help me out...My leg is sore and the bottom of my right foot hurts from kicking it over and over...
Advertisement

Old 02-29-2008, 02:51 PM   #2 (permalink)

ok, I took the bottom bowl off of the carberator and saw a bunch of like yelowish gunk w00ter in the bottom of the bowl. So I took carb cleaner and cleaned it out, and also took the pilot jet and main jet out and sprayed the ports out with carb cleaner and then put it all back together. And now when I kick it over, it like wants to start, and I'm getting a better response out of the engine wanting to start up now that the bottom of the carberator is cleaned out, but it still won't start up, so I was thinking of going and getting carb cleaner to use to spray in the carb and then try starting it or I'll buy some starting fluid and see what happens, i dunno, but I can't kick that kicker any more cause the bottom of my right foot hurts soo bad from kicking it for the last 4 hours.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:28 AM   #3 (permalink)

I had the float needle weld itself in with dried gas a couple weeks ago. If that's happened you can check by looseing the screw by the bowl overflow and make sure gas runs out. If it doesn't then remove the carb and see if the float needle moves freely in the bore, if not remove it and clean it.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:36 AM   #4 (permalink)

i figured out what was wrong with it. It was just old gas and the carberator bowl needed to be cleaned. I got my yfz450 running, so now its good. I changed the oil, put 10w 30 oil in it, and put new antifreeze in it, and I put fresh new gas it it and now it runs great, except for the popping and backfiring cause the jetting isn't right, but I still have to take my dr.d pipe off cause i sold it and put my stock pipe back on, but I don't know what jetting to use for the stock pipe and all with the cam mod done to my engine?? Anyone know
Advertisement