Stock Horse Power - Yamaha YFZ450 Forum : YFZ450, YFZ450R, YFZ450X Forums
  Yamaha YFZ450

Suzuki Z400

Suzuki LT-R450

Kawasaki KFX450

ATV Videos

Can-Am DS450

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2008, 12:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Does anyone know how much horse power the stock 2006 yfz puts out. And how much with just tuning it and taking the airbox lid off.
embesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2008, 12:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Bad Azz Admin

34- 38hp with dyno tuning.

Terse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

Angry

Quote:
34- 38hp with dyno tuning.[/b]
So if you were to put 5-6 hundred dollars into a nice full exhaust system, you could only get this thing to like 45-46 horse?
Old 02-22-2008, 01:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to yaidunno Send a message via MSN to yaidunno Send a message via Yahoo to yaidunno

yea, they're pretty slow.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Bad Azz Admin

A cam modded '07, with Yoshi pipe and lid off with K&N filter did 43hp on my local dyno.

Numbers are numbers and every dyno will read different but yes, 45-49hp with a pipe a filter cam modded is possible.

Old 02-22-2008, 01:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
yea, they're pretty slow.[/b]
Easy bro, just tryin to get some average numbers before spendin a lot of money. Dont feel like spending half a grand for 2 horsepower when I probably allready have what I need with the slip-on.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Bad Azz Admin

Just do a little search. This is still on the first page.

http://www.yfzcentral.com/invision/i...howtopic=80217

Old 02-22-2008, 04:40 PM   #8 (permalink)

5 horses makes a big difference on a bike that weighs 300lbs, dont go by numbers, they are misleading, go by power to weight ratio, and the dyno curve through out the rpm range. putting a pipe and intake on the bike with give it noticable power, and you will easily out run stock bikes. just my opinion though.
leveldrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 05:32 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
5 horses makes a big difference on a bike that weighs 300lbs, dont go by numbers, they are misleading, go by power to weight ratio, and the dyno curve through out the rpm range. putting a pipe and intake on the bike with give it noticable power, and you will easily out run stock bikes. just my opinion though.[/b]
5 horses is a ton on these bikes. I just went from 50hp to 56 and it feels like a freaking beast. So much of a change that I had to go up a tooth on the front sprocket and it still feels like it has a ton more grunt than it did before. JR

2005 True YFZ 450, Full Walsh/Pep quad w/ Rage motor.

1986 Lonestar 250r, CT Racing 350 PV motor, Full Lonestar Chassis, a arms, swing arm, and TCS dual rates w/ rezzies. To many other extras to list.

2007 DRR 50
jread14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 12:38 AM   #10 (permalink)
Bad Azz Admin

What is meant is that 5hp is a real noticeable gain on these quads and something that will change your riding style, traction, and possibly gearing.

He asked about stock power and then send "X" amount of money for about a 5hp gain and if that was worth that "X" amount of cash.

Old 02-23-2008, 09:46 PM   #11 (permalink)

As far as performance I have a yoshi rs-7 race core slip on, K&N filter with outerwears, no lid and holes drilled in the box and proper jetting (all I know is the main is 170) and i put out just over 49hp on a dyno. My quad might just be weird, but you can get quite a bit of hp out of a few bolt ons and proper jetting.
HMF Sport or Yoshi RS-7, nmotion motor mounts, FCI, Hot Rods crank, CP 13:1 piston, ITP Sand Stars front and rear (soon to be 22x11x10 8 paddle Hauler Extreme's on rear), Houser +2 Stem, Spider Grips, Pro Taper Contour Bars, One Industries Trooper 2 Helmet, Fox Apparel, Alpine Star boots, Ogio bags...
babaffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 11:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
Police Patrol

Send a message via MSN to husker525 Send a message via Yahoo to husker525

Quote:
As far as performance I have a yoshi rs-7 race core slip on, K&N filter with outerwears, no lid and holes drilled in the box and proper jetting (all I know is the main is 170) and i put out just over 49hp on a dyno. My quad might just be weird, but you can get quite a bit of hp out of a few bolt ons and proper jetting.[/b]

That sounds great! Were you happy with those numbers? What kind of dyno? Was it a loaded dyno or another style? Post up some graphs!!
TEAM TRIGGER RACING (Now sponsored by AMSOIL, Vickery Motorsports, MotoXNutrition,DZ Graphics, Engine Ice, DeRisi Racing, Team Ape, Cosworth Pistons, Hiper, Lonestar Racing. Barker Exhausts Terse 07 Race engine
2007 Blue YFZ: Venom 14:1 piston, Cam Mod, Jardine RT4 Exhaust, 175 main, 45 pilot, 04 needle 3rd clip/ 3 t 2013 YFZR....
Become a fan of Team Trigger Racing on Facebook!!! Some people surround themselves with smoke and mirrors, I prefer to use VooDoo !!!
husker525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 01:53 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
That sounds great! Were you happy with those numbers? What kind of dyno? Was it a loaded dyno or another style? Post up some graphs!![/b]
Very happy lol. I was expecting around 44-46 and when I got the results from the guy (sorry they are on paper not a disc) I was shocked. I'll see if I can get the guy to send me some dyno charts via e-mail.

I was kind of pissed though because I had him adjust the jetting and valves and he used a dyno. Might not sound bad but the only thing he ended up doing is adjusting the valves and changing a 175 main for a 170 main and got me 1.7hp more. $215 for it too lol.
HMF Sport or Yoshi RS-7, nmotion motor mounts, FCI, Hot Rods crank, CP 13:1 piston, ITP Sand Stars front and rear (soon to be 22x11x10 8 paddle Hauler Extreme's on rear), Houser +2 Stem, Spider Grips, Pro Taper Contour Bars, One Industries Trooper 2 Helmet, Fox Apparel, Alpine Star boots, Ogio bags...
babaffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 02:24 PM   #14 (permalink)

i have a 05, titanium carbon pipe, esr ported intake, jet kit my bike dynoed 48hp, on race gas it should dyno around 54ish.. so yes pipe an intake open it up huge. 5-9 hp is huge on these bikes. if you dont want to spend money chop up your stock pipe an take ur lid off, i dynoed a 3rwhp diff with lid off on my stock bike.

12.5:1 cp stock bore

ported polished head

cam mod

bub titanium exhaust

ported esr intake
yfz450_559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:18 AM   #15 (permalink)

Hey babaffo, those are great numbers for your mods. You might be upset about him jetting it on the dyno.
First I should ask if he had an air fuel meter on it. If so then that is the absolute best way to jet your bike, because you can see just how rich or lean it is. Not just by hearing or feeling. So if he did it like that, then your good and your jetting should be perfect.
559- I don't think your going to see that much difference in hp putting race gas in your bike, you might be lucky to see 1hp, and maybe -1hp if your stock bore, stock compression. The lowest octane you are able to run the more hp you get.
Crower Victory Cam
FCI intake
+3 STROKER
42mm carb
RT-5 Full System
Thanks to Diesel at PDR and Ken at KB Motorsports
whiteclipse16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 01:40 PM   #16 (permalink)

? and you know this how? so in that theory.. if i have a single turbo supra running 42lbs of boost making 890 horsepower il make more horsepower on 87oct? verse 116? i think not. try to put 87 in a motor making that an watch it pop the first time you stomp on it.

12.5:1 cp stock bore

ported polished head

cam mod

bub titanium exhaust

ported esr intake
yfz450_559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 01:50 PM   #17 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to yaidunno Send a message via MSN to yaidunno Send a message via Yahoo to yaidunno

Quote:
? and you know this how? so in that theory.. if i have a single turbo supra running 42lbs of boost making 890 horsepower il make more horsepower on 87oct? verse 116? i think not. try to put 87 in a motor making that an watch it pop the first time you stomp on it.[/b]
unless your running anything higher then 12.5:1 compression, race fuel will not help the situation. all it does is burn slower, its not some magical power adding device. its used to prevent detination. detonation is a process of supersonic combustion in which a shock wave is pushed forward due to energy release in a reaction zone behind it. It is the more powerful of the two general classes of combustion, the other one being deflagration. In a detonation, the shock compresses the material thus increasing the temperature to the point of ignition.

your theory using 42lb of boost doesnt work because it has the same effect as running a higher compression piston. heres a theory that does work. does your average toyota camry develop more horsepower running on 110?
Old 02-25-2008, 01:52 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Hey babaffo, those are great numbers for your mods. You might be upset about him jetting it on the dyno.
First I should ask if he had an air fuel meter on it. If so then that is the absolute best way to jet your bike, because you can see just how rich or lean it is. Not just by hearing or feeling. So if he did it like that, then your good and your jetting should be perfect.
559- I don't think your going to see that much difference in hp putting race gas in your bike, you might be lucky to see 1hp, and maybe -1hp if your stock bore, stock compression. The lowest octane you are able to run the more hp you get.[/b]
thats ridiculous! how would a lower octane make you slower? it burns better and cleaner therefore giving you power. these bikes are made to run nothing lower than 91. ran 97 last week and holy crap the front end wouldn't stay off the ground!
Sic_Maggot13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 01:55 PM   #19 (permalink)
Bad Azz Admin

Quote:
thats ridiculous! how would a lower octane make you slower? it burns better and cleaner therefore giving you power. these bikes are made to run nothing lower than 91. ran 97 last week and holy crap the front end wouldn't stay off the ground![/b]

Please don't aggravate this topic. It very clear by your comments of race gas you have very little clue as to what race gas does or how it works. Please google it or search out the How's and Why's of race gas and do not continue to argue in this thread.

yaidunno is 100% correct.

Old 02-25-2008, 02:00 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Please don't aggravate this topic. It very clear by your comments of race gas you have very little clue as to what race gas does or how it works. Please google it or search out the How's and Why's of race gas and do not continue to argue in this thread.

yaidunno is 100% correct.[/b]
i was already posting when he posted that so i didn't get to see it. and i dont really consider 97 octane race fuel. i just want clean fuel :D
Sic_Maggot13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement