Throttle Sticking? - Yamaha YFZ450 Forum : YFZ450, YFZ450R, YFZ450X Forums
  Yamaha YFZ450

Suzuki Z400

Suzuki LT-R450

Kawasaki KFX450

ATV Videos

Can-Am DS450

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2006, 11:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

My buddy has an '06 yfz450 pretty much stock. He bought it brand new a day after i bought my '05. I finally rode his '06 a few months after i got mine and noticed imediately that his engine stays up high in the revs when you pull the clutch in but acts like it is in neutral. It doesnt keep going like its still in gear, it stops moving forward but the engine runs like you are holding the throttle in a little. He took it to the yammy dealership and they did his $300 tune up and the throttle problem stopped---for about 3 months. Im going to Arizona in 2 weeks (where i am from) and we were talking about his quad and he said the damn thing is doing the same thing it was doing before with the throttle. He wants to take it to the dealership again, but i told him i would ask on here cause i trust the opinions of you guys more than some dude that just wants my money at a dealership. thanks-- What do you think?

Im going to Dumont Sand Dunes tomorrow (sat) in Baker, CA, anybody else headed out there?
2005 YFZ, Curtis Sparks built Athena 480,13.5:1 Comp Piston, Sparks Big Core pipe, Oil Mod, High volume oil pump,TPS bypass plug, cam mod, Elka Elite, Alba +2 arms, G-Force, Kendall Oil, IMS bumper, AC grab bar + Pro Pegs, Tag X5's, Pro Design Kill Switch, Trail Tech Lights, Pro Armor Skid, sand stars
CNas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2006, 11:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

Has he adjusted the idle to see if it lowers? Does it do it all the time? If you follow the cable make sure it isn't bound up on anything making it pull it in a little.
RIP 04 YFZ 450 WR 450 kit w/ wicked 13.5-1, DRD pipe, ASR extreme Long travel +3, Houser swingarm(POS) and mx linkage, Elka Quadrate fronts and dual rate rear, Herrmann subframe, Lonestar or G-force axle (depends which isn't broken) , HiPer carbon wheels w/ Maxxis Razr MX, Flexx bars, Houser +1 stem, Precision stablizer

06 LTR 450 tusk nerfs, chub bars, and hanguards. Racing on a budget now lol.
Its all in the corners!
mxer333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 12:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
Bad Azz Admin

The cable or carb slide sticking somewhere comes to mind first.

Might also need a fuel screw adjustment or idle srew adjustment.

I bet it is the cable or the slid sticking.

Terse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 09:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
durdy_girl

Quote:
The cable or carb slide sticking somewhere comes to mind first.

Might also need a fuel screw adjustment or idle srew adjustment.

I bet it is the cable or the slid sticking.
[/b]
thats what mine was doing...when i'd pull the clutch the motor would rev . my slide was sticking.
Old 12-10-2006, 01:29 AM   #5 (permalink)

ya the motor idles fine when you first turn it on, but during and after you ride and put it in first, it revs just sitting there.

what is the slide? Ill check the cable snagging, fuel screw and idle...

thanks
2005 YFZ, Curtis Sparks built Athena 480,13.5:1 Comp Piston, Sparks Big Core pipe, Oil Mod, High volume oil pump,TPS bypass plug, cam mod, Elka Elite, Alba +2 arms, G-Force, Kendall Oil, IMS bumper, AC grab bar + Pro Pegs, Tag X5's, Pro Design Kill Switch, Trail Tech Lights, Pro Armor Skid, sand stars
CNas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 10:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
durdy_girl

Quote:
ya the motor idles fine when you first turn it on, but during and after you ride and put it in first, it revs just sitting there.
what is the slide? Ill check the cable snagging, fuel screw and idle...

thanks
[/b]
Lots of troubleshooting in this...i had the exact same problem as your friend

http://www.yfzcentral.com/invision/index.p...c=57442&hl=

Sponsored Links
Advertisement