Air/fuel Mixture Screw - Yamaha YFZ450 Forum : YFZ450, YFZ450R, YFZ450X Forums
  Yamaha YFZ450

Suzuki Z400

Suzuki LT-R450

Kawasaki KFX450

ATV Videos

Can-Am DS450

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2006, 11:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to yamaha4eva Send a message via MSN to yamaha4eva

my 06 is backfiring and popping when I let off the throttle..i read that it is to lean and I should turn the air/fuel mix screw out. But I dunno where that screw is. Are they located different on the 06 carbs than the 05's? i have a pic of the 05 but I dont have a screw there on mine? Could someone please tell me where this screw is and if screwing it out is the right thing to do if I am popping and backfiring off throttle? thanks a pic would help too?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2006, 12:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
Bad Azz Admin

It is in the same place, just there is a brass plug covering it that you need to pop out first.

Terse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 07:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
One

Can you take a picture of that plug (still in the carb) so we can use it as reference for the newer members as they ask this question. I'm tired of using the pic of mine with the Woodward fuel screw in it.

"Live as if you were to die tommorow. Learn as if you were to live forever." -Ghandi
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:26 AM   #4 (permalink)

I have the same problem with my 06. I did some searching and still can't find the "air/fuel" mixture screw. Couldn't find it in the service manual either. A pic or a discription of where this screw is located would be a great help.
YFZPASTROKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 06:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

I just ordered a woodward fuel screw, but I still dont see where the stock screw plug is I guess I will go look and try and find it cause to get the woodward one on im gonna have to find the stock one...if anyone has pics please post...thanks
Old 09-07-2006, 06:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
One

This is why I need a pic of the underside of an 06 or 07 YFZ carb.....here's my stupid picture on my 05 with the Woodward fuel screw in it. Your's is located in the exact same area but has a metal cap or plug covering the access.

"Live as if you were to die tommorow. Learn as if you were to live forever." -Ghandi
Old 09-07-2006, 06:50 PM   #7 (permalink)

Is the fuel screw gold and a small allen key head?
Old 09-07-2006, 06:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
One

It's recessed into the carb and it takes a small flathead screwdriver to turn it.....you can't actually see it.

Old 09-07-2006, 06:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
One

Pic of the stock fuel screw off my 05.

[attachmentid=3792]

Old 09-07-2006, 07:01 PM   #10 (permalink)

Ok I found it, there is a gold plug in there now with a little hole in it..but how the heck do you get room to get that out..do you actually have to take the carb out there is no room in there to work...?
Old 09-07-2006, 07:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
One

Quote:
Originally posted by yamaha4eva@Sep 7 2006, 06:01 PM
Ok I found it, there is a gold plug in there now with a little hole in it..but how the heck do you get room to get that out..do you actually have to take the carb out there is no room in there to work...?
[snapback]481137[/snapback]
Look at the pic I posted....you have to either twist the carb like in the pic or remove the carb.

You have an 06 so you're going to be fighting the rear brake resi is you decide to spin your carb.

Old 09-07-2006, 07:20 PM   #12 (permalink)

Alright I will figure something out...thanks alot for all your help...
Old 09-07-2006, 08:40 PM   #13 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Samdogmx Send a message via Yahoo to Samdogmx

its real easy to get with when u have the bowl off the carb
2007 CRF 50 - Pit bike
Samdogmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:36 PM   #14 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to insano7101 Send a message via Yahoo to insano7101

i have 2 questions. i just got a tusk fuel screw (because it was free) and was wondering if there will be any problems wit hit.

also, i looked at where i asume the fuel screw should go, and the screw i got looks like it will stic kway far out of the carb. i looked at yfzalterego's pic of his stock fuel screw and it looks like it is longer than what would fit in the hole. so does the aftermarket screw just stick out a ways or what?

thanks
<span style="font-family:Arial">Kenda Klaw MX tires, Hiper beadlocks, Maier plastic, One Industries graphics, Yoshimura TRC titanium full system, FCI intake, Power Now valves, AC Racing front bumper, rear grab bar, and nefs, IMS footpegs and heelguards, Profound Affects racing numbers, Fasstco Flexx bars and anti-vibe bar inserts, Spider grips, Powermadd handguards, E-brake blocked off, Free Flo vent hose, Denton steering stabalizer, Houser Steering Stem, and adj stop, Baldwin handlebar clamp, G-force axle, cam mod, new carb spring, Boyesen Quickshot, Rekluse Z-Start and Perch Adjuster, Quad Tech carbon fiber hood, seat, and shock guards, Axis lt front shocks and rear shock, Herrmann lt a-arms, swinger, and linkage, Streamline stainless brakelines, chrome brake clamps, TM chain guide, 06 crank, Terry Cable dual gasser throttle, ASV F3 clutch and brake levers, Primary Drive chain and sprockets, miscelaneous custom-made brackets

myspace.com/insano7101

<div align="center">
insano7101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
One

The aftermarket fuel screw (no matter which brand) will be longer then the stocker because the stocker is recessed into the carb.

Old 09-07-2006, 10:31 PM   #16 (permalink)

like he said^^ the screw is ment to stick out so you can get to it and adjust as needed instead of spinning the carb
04 yfz450,hypers ,rpm tapered bearing front hubs,22 front itp gncc & 22rear razr ll,terry cable dual gasser,elka long travel shocks, lt houser a arms,dominator 450r axle, wave rotors,houser swinger,elka link,houser stem,pro taper fat bars,450r rear brake caliper,450r front brake master cylinder,prm skids, cycra hand guards,moose bark busters, edelbrock carb,athena 480 cyl,je 12.5- 1, hot cams,lrd ported head with 1mm over valves,hmf pipe,ac pro peg nerfs......pimped out and smokin fast
tlandrum2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 09:03 PM   #17 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to insano7101 Send a message via Yahoo to insano7101

ok thanks. will it change the jetting at all putting and aftermarket fuel screw in? if any, i would assume it wouldnt be much
<span style="font-family:Arial">Kenda Klaw MX tires, Hiper beadlocks, Maier plastic, One Industries graphics, Yoshimura TRC titanium full system, FCI intake, Power Now valves, AC Racing front bumper, rear grab bar, and nefs, IMS footpegs and heelguards, Profound Affects racing numbers, Fasstco Flexx bars and anti-vibe bar inserts, Spider grips, Powermadd handguards, E-brake blocked off, Free Flo vent hose, Denton steering stabalizer, Houser Steering Stem, and adj stop, Baldwin handlebar clamp, G-force axle, cam mod, new carb spring, Boyesen Quickshot, Rekluse Z-Start and Perch Adjuster, Quad Tech carbon fiber hood, seat, and shock guards, Axis lt front shocks and rear shock, Herrmann lt a-arms, swinger, and linkage, Streamline stainless brakelines, chrome brake clamps, TM chain guide, 06 crank, Terry Cable dual gasser throttle, ASV F3 clutch and brake levers, Primary Drive chain and sprockets, miscelaneous custom-made brackets

myspace.com/insano7101

<div align="center">
insano7101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement