After my recent crank bearing failure, i split the cases to fix the problem. while i was in there i decided to go ahead and do the oil mod. Thought i might show some pictures of how i did it. it is relativly simple and with a few tools and some machine know how, you should be able to accomplish this in a couple of hours. anyway, here are the pics
Before i started -right case half- O-ring to be installed
Everything taped up, this is the crank side where the jet will be threaded in
Set up to be drilled. Went a little tape happy, i hate crunchy bearings! notice that the hole is not drilled straight in, it is on a 2-Axis tilt.
Oring surface being cut- Modified the drill bit to prevent a taper-idealy a counterbore should be used, i was just to lazy to go out and spend the money.
After oring surface cut out
after the the squirter area was drilled and tapped
Picture of both the jet and oring in
hope this helps anyone thinking about doing it.
I spent about 15 dollars on all of the drill bits, taps, jet, and orings