Vortex X10 Whats The Best Setting? - Yamaha YFZ450 Forum : YFZ450, YFZ450R, YFZ450X Forums
  Yamaha YFZ450

Suzuki Z400

Suzuki LT-R450

Kawasaki KFX450

ATV Videos

Can-Am DS450

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2005, 12:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

I have the vortex x10 cdi and I was woundering .What setting on the box is the best? That will not blow my motor.

-14to 1 piston
-hetrick full system
-cam mod
-vortex x10
-pro flow intake
colton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2005, 01:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Shiftybob

that all depends on how you have it set up. Did you get the standard one with all the standard curves, or did you have them customize the curves? It also depends on what type of riding you do. I keep mine on map 1 for general duning, then keep my switch set at the highest setting (Map X10 is 10,100 rpm I believe) for drag racing...

Shifty

Corona, CA
__________________________________________________ _____
06' YFZ450 (Bill Ballance Edition) - Nmotion full system, Pro Design Intake, ITP Sand stars on C series wheels

04' PRED: Shaved, haulers, Trinity system, Vortex CDI, HPD oil tank, scoops, coolers, 14/39, 97 Honda Prelude Cold-air intake , X-bars/clamp, BlingStar, AC nerfs/pro pegs/heel guards, verde seat cover. 200MJ/55PJ / 2.0 turns out
Shiftybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 09:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

map 1 best all round power

White / red Nov 03, JB LT 2 3/8" a arms, TCS LT shocks, denton steering damper, Big Valved ported 05 head, <strike>hot cams</strike> DRI X12 billet cams AWESOME, WR engine kit, Athena YZ480F big bore top end, <strike>-6tt</strike>, JD jetting: 195main/JD red needle/48 idle/zipty, Vortex, FCI intake, Dr D can, Axis LT rear end, custom linkage, Lonestar axle, Fastco Flexx bars, TRX master cylinder / RTC lever setup, GYTR nerfs, PRM skid, lots of custom billet stuff, etc etc etc............... last count 20 plus wheels and tires (GNCC, MX, Speedway, hillclimb, sand)

next line of mods; Engine oil cooler, more head work, reprogrammed CDI map, better rod, CP piston.
kiwi-craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 02:57 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Shiftybob@Jul 27 2005, 08:54 AM
that all depends on how you have it set up.* Did you get the standard one with all the standard curves, or did you have them customize the curves?* It also depends on what type of riding you do.* I keep mine on map 1 for general duning, then keep my switch set at the highest setting (Map X10 is 10,100 rpm I believe) for drag racing...

Shifty
[snapback]277750[/snapback]
I don't have my box modified. Is the highest setting safe to run? How long have you ben running that setting for drag racing? I drag race 300ft. dirt and i am looking for the best setting period.
colton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement