Running Alcohol - Yamaha YFZ450 Forum : YFZ450, YFZ450R, YFZ450X Forums
  Yamaha YFZ450

Suzuki Z400

Suzuki LT-R450

Kawasaki KFX450

ATV Videos

Can-Am DS450

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2005, 03:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

I drag race 300' tracks. I have a HMF BB Full system and an RW intake. I was wondering what i would need to do to set up for running Alcohol. How is the power increase compared to running Nitrous? Which is more reliable and wich is cheaper?

Thanks Steve

04' yfz450
AC racing nerfs, GYT-R bumper, GYT-R A-arm guards, GYT-R Graphic kit, Renthal bars, Vapor Computer, Powermadd hand guards, Teather kill switch, Cam-Mod, Full system HMF Bill Balance (carbon fiber), Ron Woods intake, Dura Blue/CRJ lowering kits, All kinds of different tires and rim setups for different conditions.

03' Buell Firebolt
Jardine exhaust
Race Fairing[/font]
YFZ450#33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2005, 05:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to cheeseburger35 Send a message via MSN to cheeseburger35 Send a message via Yahoo to cheeseburger35

Quote:
Originally posted by YFZ450#33@May 2 2005, 02:49 PM
I drag race 300' tracks.* I have a HMF BB Full system and an RW intake. I was wondering what i would need to do to set up for running Alcohol.* How is the power increase compared to running Nitrous? Which is more reliable and wich is cheaper?

Thanks Steve
[snapback]243133[/snapback]

you'll get a bigger increase from nitrous, it's alot easier to use, alcohol is going to be cheaper but then you have to deal with blow by and all that... to turn your carb into an alcohol carb you're going to need to get custom jets or drill yours out... there's alot more you could do to your motor first before alky..

cheeseburger35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 06:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to PUDDLE JUMPER

i race 300ft also and use alcohol.as long as you pay attention to what your doing alky makes a huge improvement.other than not being able to get any kind of traction its well worth it
PUDDLE JUMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 02:31 AM   #4 (permalink)

well ive been messing with alky and havnet found any positives yet. So i will tell the negatives.

ruins your oil in about 10 minutes of riding (constant oil changes)

gums up your carb/ gas tank/ anything else it comes in contact with. So this requires constant draining the tank and carb and flushing with gas.

requires a top end lube since alky doesnt have any oil in it

burns twice as fast and jetting is very hard

Old 05-03-2005, 12:53 PM   #5 (permalink)

also if u caught on fire it would take a a minute for sum1 to finally figure out why u were smackin ur self and screamin.
05 yfz450,blue-Janssen Race Motor:True 450 big bore,Stainless steel big valves and porting,balanced crank,knife edge rod, oil mod,12.5:1 JE piston, 110 octane cam2, boysen quickshot cover, um oversized oil tank, ESR temp guage, kick start only wiring harness Janssen+2+.5 a-arms, front standard travel Elka shocks, Janssen graphic kit, rpm axle,Gytr frame guards,steel braided lines,ims footpegs,rpm steering stem,Esr pro series short pipe,Esr clutch cover,Esr throttle cover and brake cover,prodesign intake,Gytr jet kit,168 main,42 pilot,2 turns out,Rekluse auto clutch and perch adjuster,webcams,airbox lid removed,denton steering stablizer,trail tech -6 flywheel,gytr kick start kit with 98yz lever,gytr clutch basket,yz rear brake master cylinder,sidewinder chain and sprockets.ac standrd nerfs,front hypers and rear baja rims with holeshot mx tires,Renthal Twinwall bars,blingstar dana chreech bumper,pro design shifter,trail tech stator kick only wind,
jardine sucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 04:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to PUDDLE JUMPER

youll be so far ahead in the race to stop and put the fire out
PUDDLE JUMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement