YFZ Central banner

Sunset Ridge National Race

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Sooper Yooper 28 
#1 ·
Went and watched my first national race yesterday at Sunset Ridge in Walnut, Illinois. Had a blast and got to see some really good racing. Gained some more respect for the WM Yamaha team, man Thomas Brown is a beast. He was the overall winner this weekend. Upperman was in front the whole second moto until the last 3 corners when Brown passed him, it was pretty impressive to see Brown push that hard all race and still catch Upperman after being back a pretty sizable distance at one point. Can't wait till the next one. Go Yamaha.

#4 ·
It is pretty impressive to watch all of the talent, not only the Pros but the minis through Pro-Am. You always think you're fast until you watch the Pros and realize they are about 20 seconds faster. hahah!

Glad to see you made it out to watch.

#6 ·
Watching the pro, pro-am, and A riders at a national is awesome and quite impressive! Nowadays I look forward to the mini classes which are equally impressive! I've got my two kids on minis, running local series. Would love to bring them to red bud, but we have one of our points series that weekend. Bummer. Some of those kids at the nats are silly fast!

#7 ·
You should check the lap times of the "kids" on the 150s & 250s now. They are 3-8 seconds off of A class riders! 90 Mod used to be impressive to watch, but the 250 class is beyond amazing.

Minnesota national in Millville? Maybe 6-7 hours from you (assuming Rapid River as per your signature).

#9 ·
Rippin a National is an entirely different scene for them. Moreover, it would be great for them to learn more about how to race (not that they don't already know, but you know what I mean). Three days on a track & watching 500-700 riders, plus the real pros... It's a great camping weekend too. Meet lots of good people, families, shops.

ATV Motocross - Mtn. Dew ATV Motocross National Championship - Millville is June 28. Plan to get there Thursday night.

#10 ·
I checked and we have a race that weekend too. I've raced redbud two times and spectated a couple times. Maybe next year. One thing I remember vividly is walking the track and wondering " should I or can I do this double?" Then the next day you watch 400 quads double it and then it seems a lot easier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.