YFZ Central banner

WTB: mx bike ( why yamaha)

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Bensami 
#1 ·
im going to buy a mx bike in the next 2 weeks, since i have been out of racing since 1997 ( honda 250r) im new to the 4 stroke, although i have been researching everything for the past month.

my question, why yamaha, what yr yamaha is the one, what to stay away from.

going to run ( indoor mx ) very short, tight tracks, so holeshot is key,

also im 44 yrs old,, i need a bike with all the good things they have now to let the bike take the abuse, not me........ things like flex bars, houser rubber peg nerfs, precision stabalizers, shocks.... etc......

so lets hear it,, why yamaha.......ive heard nothing but good things but i do not have a motor builder anymore, especially 4 stroke , so the techinacial stuff im in the blind

ahauto@att.net
email if you have something

also buying a xc bike.........any imput would be helpful..

205-965-8638

See less See more
#3 ·
The newer Yamis (YFZRs) are great through the turns. Having said that, I wouldnt go with the Houser nerfs. I've heard too many stories of them breaking. I would go with the Rath setup. They've got the best pegs in the biz with the Monster peg. Believe me when I say that they make a huge difference in handling. I'm also not a huge fan on the Flexx bars, but thats just my preference, I prefer to feel the track.

Bottom line the YFZr is a great choice, reliable, fast if you do the right mods and handles very well

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.