YFZ Central banner

Tires question

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  13yfz450brap 
#1 ·
Hi all, Relatively new to the whole quad scene. Just went to the track for the first time last week (breezewood proving grounds). Anyways, from what I was told I definitely needs some new tires. Apparently my current ones are setup for GNCC and are very large and wide. I will be doing mostly track riding at breezewood. I guess I was just looking for some suggestions on tires (size, brand, style, etc..) any help is appreciated. Cheap is also good.

#2 ·
21 maxxis razr cross front and 18 maxxis razors in back. IMO. Holeshot wear too quickly and cost too much.

#4 · (Edited)
For MX:
20" front tires on 10x5 rims. Maxxis RazrCross fronts are some of the best traction & overall longevity set of tires out there.

18" rear tires on 8x8 beadlocks. I'm a huge fan of Goldspeed MXR2 rears as the traction in the corners is great. Maxxis Razr MX - Orange labels are great too.

PM sent.

#5 ·
#6 ·
pretty much what the other guys said, 20 up front 18 out back. I run the Maxxis Razr Xm setup. the fronts have a little deeper lug than the Razr cross which helps in loamy/sandy conditions. The rears work like a dream, wear slowly, and are nice and soft, perfect for MX.

#7 ·
All depends on what your wanting. The old saying you pay for what you get. If you just want an inexpensive mx tire that will hold up and get several Motos out of them go with a Sun F tire this is a manufacture that makes several other companies tires and just private labels them, plus there priced right. If your wanting a true race tire and performance matters and your wanting lap times to prove it go with a Maxxis or a Goldspeed tire. Just my opinion because I think we have tried most of all of them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.