Yamaha YFZ450 Forum : YFZ450, YFZ450R, YFZ450X Forums - View Single Post - Lonestar verse Walsh??
View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 02:13 AM
kb motorsports

Send a message via AIM to kb motorsports
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaaR View Post
Pm sent to kenneth bailey facebook but he didn't answer
I replied to your questions on Facebook. The first message you sent went to the "other" folder and the others were answered within a couple of hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWeeZy42 View Post
It's posted on Facebook. If these pics don't sell this bro I'm giving you payments until it's paid off lol
I also posted it on facebook I can't believe this hasn't sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinothalamic View Post
I know lonestar has an amazing warranty. Does walsh have a similar warranty?
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheerider11 View Post
I mean most the the pros run Walsh.
Maybe they pay the best.
I really like six5 design, but he doesn't use caster brackets. I wanted to ask him about it.
But I'm to broke right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
My friend Cody@Fourtech used Six5 Design on his TRX and spoke very highly of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaha92 View Post
Doesn't really relate to your post and I apologize, but is they're anything in particular you didn't like about the housers? I'm looking into buying a set of the .5 slicast xc arms but haven't heard alot about them. Any input would be appreciated, don't wanna spend good money on something and regret it
I don't think you'll be disappointed or regret your decision purchasing Houser a-arms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy View Post
The Housers are strong, my pair had excellent fit and finish, the caster is easy to change because of the slicast units, I believe they have better ground clearance then the above two brands, Houser costs significantly less than the above two brands, decent customer service......They handle very well! I have no complaints besides wanting to go narrower and try something different.

I'm curious if there is any handling differences? Why do XC guys run Lonestar so much and why do MX guys run Walsh so much?
I always noticed XC guys running Houser and MX guys running a mix between LSR, JB, and Walsh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diypunx View Post
I just bought a TRX450R with the LSR DC-PRO a-arm & DC-Pro LTR geometry spindle setup. The DC-Pro a-arms look like they are really strong and heavy compared to my Houser slicast. I still think Walsh is the way to go if i was buying new. I like that they use a cup style ball joint on both upper & lower a-arms, And I've heard that they use better hardware (bearings, heims)
The LTR hub conversion greatly reduce bump steer which makes your combo one of the ultimate setups for the TRX in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DabbedOut450 View Post
You wont be disappointed with Walsh, they don't offer a warranty though on the arms. The caster bracket helps a lot, you'll notice why they say that our front end is flawed from factory. The front end handles way better with the walsh setup. Not sure if lonestar would be better for xc but for mx definitely go walsh. I still think the walsh xc arms have to be better. I even noticed a huge difference in how my rear end handles now with the walsh rear linkage. They definitely make the best products for our bikes.
The caster brackets drastically improves handling for narrow setups, and aids handling on mx setups. How do you like the Stage 5 shocks?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Store Hours
Monday - Friday
10:00am - 6:00pm Eastern Time
270-774-1982

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by kb motorsports; 01-05-2017 at 02:17 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome