Ytm 225dx Manual Needed - Yamaha YFZ450 Forum : YFZ450, YFZ450R, YFZ450X Forums
  Yamaha YFZ450

Suzuki Z400

Suzuki LT-R450

Kawasaki KFX450

ATV Videos

Can-Am DS450

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2004, 01:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Heres something I never thought I would need......a service manual for a YTM 225DX.

This new toy is a fire melted YTM 225DX in need of restoration, (friends garage caught fire and I get another toy for free)

Problem is all the wires are toasted, plastic is now in the shape of the frame (got new from JC Whitney), and tires went POP....LOL

Now its time to rewire it, but have no idea where the wires go.....so I really need a service manual for it (BTW, my worthless dealer says he cant get this.....)

If anyone has a service manual or knows where I could get one let me know.

My YFZ450 is still my ride of choice but it would be fun to have this melted toy to play with too..........

If you dont know what a 225DX is, go here....

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/products/atv/e...25DX_small.html

Mod's: AC Racing Chassis protection, Skid Plate, and Bumper. Big Gun Exhaust. LoneStar Racing Axel, Steering Stem, Swing Arm, and A-Arms. Cam Mod. Haley Engineered Performance Products. Pro-Taper CR-High Handle Bars. PEP Steering Stabilizer. Magellan SproTrak Topo GPS. Trail Tech Torch Lights. Polisport Plastic (Orange).
Thanks go to Dirt Fiend Racing.

Mesa, AZ
Dracos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2004, 06:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to matt89sc Send a message via Yahoo to matt89sc

Those things are a blast! I had one years ago. They're not the safest ATV in the world though. Mine and a friend of mine's (yes there were 2 in the neighborhood), both had problems with the transmission shifting itself into neutral. You'd be going downhill, and it would shift itself into neutral from any gear without notice. This was compounded by the fact that mine had minimal rear brakes. lol They're quick enough though. My friend had a new '96 Blaster, and the DX would hang right with it until it ran out of gearing.

As for your problem, I have no solution. :) Do you just need the wiring harnesses? I parted mine out on Ebay, and I think all thats left is the frame and seat. My buddy does still have his though. If you come down to something in particular, or need pictures off anything I could do that. Good luck with her!
Matt
#80 White YFZ450
DMC exhaust
NOSS Intake
178 Main/45 Pilot/YZ needle on #4
Cam mod.....
The Money Pit
matt89sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 06:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

found the wiring diagrame at a three wheeler site..........would still like to find a complete service manual though......

Started wiring last night.....hope to have it running this weekend

Mod's: AC Racing Chassis protection, Skid Plate, and Bumper. Big Gun Exhaust. LoneStar Racing Axel, Steering Stem, Swing Arm, and A-Arms. Cam Mod. Haley Engineered Performance Products. Pro-Taper CR-High Handle Bars. PEP Steering Stabilizer. Magellan SproTrak Topo GPS. Trail Tech Torch Lights. Polisport Plastic (Orange).

Mesa, AZ
Old 08-09-2004, 10:28 AM   #4 (permalink)

up date.........................motor is all apart now, major work to be done due to its firey past...

Mesa, AZ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement