2016 YFZ 450r special edition - Yamaha YFZ450 Forum : YFZ450, YFZ450R, YFZ450X Forums
 4Likes
  • 2 Post By kilroy
  • 1 Post By Sheerider11
  • 1 Post By spinothalamic

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-2016, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

2016 YFZ 450r special edition

So I just bought the 2016, and I got the gytr slip on with the dyno-tech power commander and a hi flo filter. Did I go wrong with this setup? I do a lot of trail riding and the dunes about twice a year. Is anyone else running this setup?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2016, 12:47 AM
Police Patrol

Garage
A good set up would be a Vortex, Yoshimura RS 2, and a FCI Intake. Yoshi for a spark arrestor or Dasa for non-spark arrested.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2016, 01:15 AM Thread Starter

The vortex was a little pricey for me. From my understanding the main need of it was to get rid of the bog, but supposedly the 16 doesn't have the same bog issue with the power commander even with the stock ecu. I cant pick my bike up for another three weeks because im stationed in Japan and wont be home until thanksgiving. I was just needing to know if im going to be disappointed lol

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2016, 09:48 AM
Police Patrol

Garage
Very likely you will still have bog.....It's something in the ECU that a piggyback controllers cannot overcome.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by kilroy; 10-30-2016 at 10:29 AM.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2016, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

Well damn it. I may have to get the vortex before too long then. Thanks for the input though!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2016, 10:31 AM
Police Patrol

Garage
Your very welcome...If you get a really good dyno tuner they might be able to reduce it enough that the bog will be livable.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2016, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

The dealership claims they will be able to tune it the best possible..... I guess ill find out lol
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2016, 11:47 AM
Police Patrol

Garage
Rule #1 never believe your dealership!

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2016, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braap Dr. 26 View Post
The dealership claims they will be able to tune it the best possible..... I guess ill find out lol
Dealerships are full of morons 99% of the time 100% of the time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
kilroy likes this.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 12:34 PM

The dealer will try to sell you their stuff. That's how they stay in business. Your setup is fine if YOU are having fun. It's not always about having what atvmagizene says puts out the most peak HP. If your bog is gone from the dealer, then great! If you don't want to drop another 2k into a new 8k machine, your setup is excellent. I would keep your current motor setup and focus on things that make the quad better for you in the long run. Stabilizer, steering stem (if you're taller) and nerfs.

If you want to keep your current pipe and power commander and filter, the only other cheap mod to do is the 08 intake cam. You can go 08 yz450f (dirtbike) or 08 yfz450 (quad) the dirtbike cam has more low-mid, the quad cam has more mid-top. Either way, its an improvement. If you ride trails, go dirtbike, if you ride dunes, go quad.

The only gytr things I personally would buy are the kill switch (because it is plug in, no splicing wires) and the frame skid plate.

If you are on the quest for most HP while being reliable... you want: Vortex, FCI intake, and a full exhaust. For exhaust you want yoshi if you are riding in a sound sensitive area, or dasa shorty if you are in a non-sound sensitive area.

Good luck, and don't get caught up splitting hairs over what to do to the quad, its a great machine and you'll have fun no matter what you do to it!
Braap Dr. 26 likes this.

Ride it like your health insurance deductible has been met!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha YFZ450 Forum : YFZ450, YFZ450R, YFZ450X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page