YFZ Central banner

2017 YFZ450R Front bumpers

3K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  Immortal ATV 
#1 ·
My friend crashed the new Yamaha into a tree a couple weeks ago. Damage done: Front bumper ruined, front fender scrapped up, headlight bracket that holds my left headlight in place cracked had a hanging headlight which I patched up and reconnected the bracket with some "jimmying". So the dilemma I'm looking around at front bumpers for my quad that will make it look good. So far I've only taken a look at the pro armor bully bumper and it looks ok. Any others that I should consider? PRO ARMOR BULLY BUMPER (BLACK) Y041067BL

I'm also looking for links and cost effective prices on a full skid plate set because I really need that for when I'm chasing around my buddies on their 400 Suzukis that maneuver much better through tight trees and big logs. I need a Yamaha guy to show me the way.

#2 ·
Check out Factory 43, they have a nice looking bumper.

For skid plates I recommend a poly frame skid, rotor skid and sprocket guard, you can get a frame skid for $60 from BCC skids and a rotor and sprocket guard set for about $100 from Glann Innovations

#7 ·
At risk of side tracking your bumper thread; I was able to repair a broken head light mount (2015 left head light, lower aft tab) with JB Weld Plastic Weld and it seemed to work well.

I just did it so I can speak to longevity but it was better than the $65 part.

I was more concerned with it being straight and positioned well than pretty. Maybe I'll clean it up someday...maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.