Might be making a switch! - Yamaha YFZ450 Forum : YFZ450, YFZ450R, YFZ450X Forums
 6Likes
  • 1 Post By cr_thirty
  • 1 Post By cr_thirty
  • 1 Post By GioM
  • 1 Post By cr_thirty
  • 1 Post By BobPeabody67
  • 1 Post By GioM

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Might be making a switch!

So I might be switching over to a yfzr and need some help. I know a lot of things changed at '14. Should I look for '14 up or is the previous model more or less the same? Don't really care about suspension issues because the money that was supposed to go into my yfz will be going into this one. Just want to know what to look for, I haven't messed with a fuel injected bike since my raptor 700r.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 09:13 PM

If you can find a 14' and up I'd rather buy that but if you just want a fuel injected yfzr 09' and up should be good for mx. The 09-13' and 14' yfzr are pretty identical in parts other than the 14' comes with the slipper clutch, also longer connecting rod/rod bearing making a bit more compression, head and throttle valve is different if I'm not mistaken, some better suspension changes, i also think some minor changes to the chassis, and the 14 came with the ais crap.
kilroy likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Bro I can't find crap around us lol. Was there a difference in cams? I could've sworn I read something about the cams. And what is that ais? I know everyone here does the delete but I never bothered to read into it.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioM View Post
Bro I can't find crap around us lol. Was there a difference in cams? I could've sworn I read something about the cams. And what is that ais? I know everyone here does the delete but I never bothered to read into it.
Yeah difference in cams too, the intake cam is different. And the ais, is the air induction system that came with the 14 and newer models for emission reasons in California. Its crap, you just need to delete it and problem solved. Should be like the first mod you do. You might need to search more up north then if you don't find anything nearby
kilroy likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Yea I've been looking up north. Theres a small chance I might go with a 2017 just to start fresh and have that bike for a long time.
kilroy likes this.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 11:40 AM
Police Patrol

Garage
The white plastics and blue paint are sexy in person!

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Yea I've been looking up north. Theres a small chance I might go with a 2017 just to start fresh and have that bike for a long time.
Lol everyone likes the white rear plastics. And if you can afford it, theres nothing like taking out a brand new bike
kilroy likes this.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 01:38 PM

The plastics are different on 14+. I prefer them over the older style. They look very similar, but when you sit on the bikes, the 14+'s are more open between the front and rear fenders for more room to get off the seat in corners.
kilroy likes this.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy View Post
The white plastics and blue paint are sexy in person!
I agree!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

Garage
So after hunting down a deal I think I might be going with a 2017 se. I think the green killed the look of the bike but for the deal, its no biggie. I've officially lost hope in buying things in Miami. A 2017 down here is around 10,400-10,800 out the door when the 2018 model is right around the corner. Looks like I'll be taking a nice little road trip up north.
kilroy likes this.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 08:49 AM

Quote:
So after hunting down a deal I think I might be going with a 2017 se. I think the green killed the look of the bike but for the deal, its no biggie. I've officially lost hope in buying things in Miami. A 2017 down here is around 10,400-10,800 out the door when the 2018 model is right around the corner. Looks like I'll be taking a nice little road trip up north.
Yeah I paid 10,400 out the door for my 14 SE. My friend was also looking for a 17 and he told me up north he found some for 8500 but I don't think they were SE. If you don't mind getting the blue/white plastics you should just get a non SE. Only difference is the plastics and bumper I think. You'll save maybe 1000. And don't pay for the extended warranty its BS the dealer will always fight with you when it comes to them fixing something

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr_thirty View Post
Yeah I paid 10,400 out the door for my 14 SE. My friend was also looking for a 17 and he told me up north he found some for 8500 but I don't think they were SE. If you don't mind getting the blue/white plastics you should just get a non SE. Only difference is the plastics and bumper I think. You'll save maybe 1000. And don't pay for the extended warranty its BS the dealer will always fight with you when it comes to them fixing something
So the issue I found with some of these guys up north is that they say 8500 but that doesn't include your state tax and title so at the end when you come back down its really 10,000 something plus the cost of the trip. I love the white/blue plastics. I was going with the se because it was the last model they had available. So it looks like I'm still on the hunt. I'm hoping I can find a '16 that wasn't sold and get a deal on it. And warranty gets voided the second I break in the quad and throw the goodies on it lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha YFZ450 Forum : YFZ450, YFZ450R, YFZ450X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page