• 1 Post By kb motorsports
  • 2 Post By atvman8351
  • 1 Post By yamaha92
  • 1 Post By yamaha92

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 04:46 AM Thread Starter

Garage
A arms

So I'm still stuck on what I'm going to do for a arms. I'm definitely going with the houser +.5 xc style arms from immortal atv. What I can't decide on is whether or not I want the long travel, or standard travel. Long travel is quite a bit more but if the benefiting factors overcome the money I don't mind. Can any of you guys give some input? I really ride woods and powerlines, looking to do some xc racing this season as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 12:13 PM
Police Patrol

Garage
If you plan on buying shocks by the long travel. I would recommend Lonestar over the Houser's.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I've done a lot of reading and from what I understand lt arms don't permit much if any more wheel travel than standard travel arms. The longer shock allows for a l9nfer shaft length enabling more internal adjustment and a more plush ride. But for the cost difference I'm having troubles justifying the extra dough

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 02:59 PM
Police Patrol

Garage
You can go from 9.8 inches oem travel to 10.5 to 11 inches of front travel....You're gaining 1-1.5 inches of travel....That makes a difference! In addition, this extra travel allows for better leverage ratios, more shock oil for less fade, etc.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 03:01 PM
Police Patrol

Garage
Call KB Motorsports you will be shocked at the excellent price he will give you!
kb motorsports likes this.

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Hmm, I should probably see if I can ride a bike with a similar lt setup then. Man, this is probably one of the hardest decisions yet. I wonder if I'd be getting that from the lt housers. Thanks for the input killroy
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 03:06 PM
Police Patrol

Garage
I had the Houser's and if I could go back and do it again I probably would go Lonestar......LOL...However, this time I went with Walsh...LOL

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 05:03 PM

LT with out a doubt.
It's all about the wheels staying on the ground.
You'd be surprised at how high you can lift the bike before it comes of the ground.
Then you'll know where that money went

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 06:06 PM

Walsh all day. Then Lonestar, then Houser. And long travel on all those.[ThumbsUp]
kilroy likes this.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 05:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to kb motorsports
I suggest LT a-arms if you're buying new shocks if you'd like to pick my brain don't hesitate to call.

270-774-1982
KB Motorsports
10-6 EST
kilroy likes this.

Store Hours
Monday - Friday
10:00am - 6:00pm Eastern Time
270-774-1982

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPeabody67 View Post
Walsh all day. Then Lonestar, then Houser. And long travel on all those.[ThumbsUp]
Why Walsh?
Why are there arms 1600 vs 900.
Is there a difference?

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 06:11 PM

They gotta make up on the loss from hooking up the pros that are winning with there product and making us want to run them lol
kb motorsports and kilroy like this.

2016 YFZ450R - Curtis sparks pipe, FCI w/box, Vortex,hiper tech 3 dual rear beadlocks/non beadlocks fronts,razr mx rears/cross fronts,13 cable holder for ais delete,acerbis handguards,alba parking brake block off
2004 mx yfz-sparks,houser,Walsh,fullbore,esr,lonestar,tcs,maxx is tag,dwt,powermadd,quadtech more
2002 flat track banshee-toomey,trinity,janssen,lonestar,works,American racer ,v force and more
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 07:15 PM
Police Patrol

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheerider11 View Post
Why Walsh?
Is there a difference?

I picked them because I like the stronger captured ball joints and they look the closest to the OEM a arms. I like the zinc plated tie rods that don't scratch, and I like that you don't have to buy an additional heavy spacer plate for your Precision Stabilizer. It's easier to change the heim joints then press out the needle bearings that Houser uses even though the hiems wear out faster.....These might not mean anything to you....my personal hot list...LOL

I know the fit and finish is the best out of the 3 and they may have the best leverage ratios compared to competitors.

Last edited by kilroy; 02-15-2017 at 07:19 PM.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy View Post
I picked them because I like the stronger captured ball joints and they look the closest to the OEM a arms. I like the zinc plated tie rods that don't scratch, and I like that you don't have to buy an additional heavy spacer plate for your Precision Stabilizer. It's easier to change the heim joints then press out the needle bearings that Houser uses even though the hiems wear out faster.....These might not mean anything to you....my personal hot list...LOL

I know the fit and finish is the best out of the 3 and they may have the best leverage ratios compared to competitors.
Leverage ratio and heim joints are good

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheerider11 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPeabody67 View Post
Why Walsh?
Is there a difference?

Kilroy said it perfect.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I'm a believer in you get what you pay for. But for my needs I don't need top notch a arms. Not looking to make a podium just make my ride a bit more comfortable. Thank you killroy for suggesting kb, seems like a very good guy to deal with. And the quote was awesome!
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 10:03 PM
Police Patrol

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaha92 View Post
I'm a believer in you get what you pay for. But for my needs I don't need top notch a arms. Not looking to make a podium just make my ride a bit more comfortable. Thank you killroy for suggesting kb, seems like a very good guy to deal with. And the quote was awesome!

He's an excellent guy to deal with...!

I would look at Lonestar very hard and they have a lifetime warranty...

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Well I succumbed..got a set of houser xc slicast arms paired with Motowoz shocks. Really looking forward to testing them out
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I'd really recommend checking kb motorsports out if you are thinking about upgrading your ride. Ken is a pleasure to deal with, thanks again killroy. Probably top 3 best customer service experiences ive had.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 11:29 PM
Police Patrol

Garage
Be sure not to overtighten your sli-cast units because the rear washers and soft aluminum sli-cast units will deform.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha YFZ450 Forum : YFZ450, YFZ450R, YFZ450X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page