Lonestar verse Walsh?? - Yamaha YFZ450 Forum : YFZ450, YFZ450R, YFZ450X Forums
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
Police Patrol

Garage
Lonestar verse Walsh??

KB Motorsports has a couple specials going on at this time and I'm going to try either a Lonestar or Walsh front end. Do they have the same geometry? What are the differences? I know both Walsh and Lonestar use the same length shocks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by kilroy; 01-16-2017 at 01:34 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Police Patrol

Garage
Why are Lonestar arms so popular? Warranty, LTR spindles?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by kilroy; 02-06-2017 at 03:09 PM.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 06:41 PM

Pm sent to kenneth bailey facebook but he didn't answer

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 06:46 PM

Garage
It's posted on Facebook. If these pics don't sell this bro I'm giving you payments until it's paid off lol
kilroy likes this.

2014 yfz450R SE black/crimson
Full Barkers
Vortex
FCI w/Box
AIS Delete
PRM full skids
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 10:05 PM

I know lonestar has an amazing warranty. Does walsh have a similar warranty?

Ride it like your health insurance deductible has been met!
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
Police Patrol

Garage
I don't think they have the same warranty.

post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
Police Patrol

Garage
SaaR sent you a pm.

post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 01:50 AM

I mean most the the pros run Walsh.
Maybe they pay the best.
I really like six5 design, but he doesn't use caster brackets. I wanted to ask him about it.
But I'm to broke right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
PWeeZy42 likes this.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 03:28 AM

Garage
Doesn't really relate to your post and I apologize, but is they're anything in particular you didn't like about the housers? I'm looking into buying a set of the .5 slicast xc arms but haven't heard alot about them. Any input would be appreciated, don't wanna spend good money on something and regret it
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
Police Patrol

Garage
The Housers are strong, my pair had excellent fit and finish, the caster is easy to change because of the slicast units, I believe they have better ground clearance then the above two brands, Houser costs significantly less than the above two brands, decent customer service......They handle very well! I have no complaints besides wanting to go narrower and try something different.

I'm curious if there are any handling differences? Why do XC guys run Lonestar so much and why do MX guys run Walsh so much?

Last edited by kilroy; 01-07-2017 at 11:09 PM.
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
Police Patrol

Garage
Nobody has a Lonestar or Walsh setup?

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 01:19 AM

I just bought a TRX450R with the LSR DC-PRO a-arm & DC-Pro LTR geometry spindle setup. The DC-Pro a-arms look like they are really strong and heavy compared to my Houser slicast. I still think Walsh is the way to go if i was buying new. I like that they use a cup style ball joint on both upper & lower a-arms, And I've heard that they use better hardware (bearings, heims)
kilroy likes this.

09 YFZ450R: 480 Athena, MMAD 14:1, Barkers, Vortex, MMAD +1 TI head, Lightspeed/warpspeed cam, Carrillo Rod, 44mm TB, FCI, Precision Stabilizer, Shcok & Vibe Clamps, Houser Slicast, Fox Evols, Motowoz
06 YFZ450: Venom Port, FCI, Dasa, Venom 12.25:1, 42mm FCR, Cam Mod, NCVQ Needle, CCP Stabilizer, LSR DC4, Elka Stage 4's, Shock & Vibe clamps
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 09:33 AM

You wont be disappointed with Walsh, they don't offer a warranty though on the arms. The caster bracket helps a lot, you'll notice why they say that our front end is flawed from factory. The front end handles way better with the walsh setup. Not sure if lonestar would be better for xc but for mx definitely go walsh. I still think the walsh xc arms have to be better. I even noticed a huge difference in how my rear end handles now with the walsh rear linkage. They definitely make the best products for our bikes.

post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 11:12 AM Thread Starter
Police Patrol

Garage
It will be a neat comparison.....I know MX verse XC width however, I'm curious if there is any noticeable difference between my Houser or my new front end?

post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 01:17 AM

How do you adjust the camber with the Walsh a-arms since the upper a-arm is a cup style ball joint?

09 YFZ450R: 480 Athena, MMAD 14:1, Barkers, Vortex, MMAD +1 TI head, Lightspeed/warpspeed cam, Carrillo Rod, 44mm TB, FCI, Precision Stabilizer, Shcok & Vibe Clamps, Houser Slicast, Fox Evols, Motowoz
06 YFZ450: Venom Port, FCI, Dasa, Venom 12.25:1, 42mm FCR, Cam Mod, NCVQ Needle, CCP Stabilizer, LSR DC4, Elka Stage 4's, Shock & Vibe clamps
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 01:20 AM Thread Starter
Police Patrol

Garage
I believe you use the upper a-arm joints...My guess adjust for camber 1st then add in the caster...?

post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diypunx View Post
How do you adjust the camber with the Walsh a-arms since the upper a-arm is a cup style ball joint?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy View Post
I believe you use the upper a-arm joints...My guess adjust for camber 1st then add in the caster...?

You adjust the toe by turning the tie rods clockwise or counterclockwise. The upper arms have heim joints that go together with the caster bracket assembly. The only parts you should be able to move with your hands after the install are the tie rods since they have the ball joints. You do notice a difference in the caster bracket since its moves up the upper a-arm location about an 1" up.
kb motorsports likes this.

post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
Police Patrol

Garage
My Houser setup has the caster bracket and I noticed it immediately when I first put them on! The Floats really soaked up the small jarring bumps however, this probably is the same with other aftermarket shocks.

post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 02:13 AM

Send a message via AIM to kb motorsports
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaaR View Post
Pm sent to kenneth bailey facebook but he didn't answer
I replied to your questions on Facebook. The first message you sent went to the "other" folder and the others were answered within a couple of hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWeeZy42 View Post
It's posted on Facebook. If these pics don't sell this bro I'm giving you payments until it's paid off lol
I also posted it on facebook I can't believe this hasn't sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinothalamic View Post
I know lonestar has an amazing warranty. Does walsh have a similar warranty?
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheerider11 View Post
I mean most the the pros run Walsh.
Maybe they pay the best.
I really like six5 design, but he doesn't use caster brackets. I wanted to ask him about it.
But I'm to broke right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
My friend Cody@Fourtech used Six5 Design on his TRX and spoke very highly of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaha92 View Post
Doesn't really relate to your post and I apologize, but is they're anything in particular you didn't like about the housers? I'm looking into buying a set of the .5 slicast xc arms but haven't heard alot about them. Any input would be appreciated, don't wanna spend good money on something and regret it
I don't think you'll be disappointed or regret your decision purchasing Houser a-arms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy View Post
The Housers are strong, my pair had excellent fit and finish, the caster is easy to change because of the slicast units, I believe they have better ground clearance then the above two brands, Houser costs significantly less than the above two brands, decent customer service......They handle very well! I have no complaints besides wanting to go narrower and try something different.

I'm curious if there is any handling differences? Why do XC guys run Lonestar so much and why do MX guys run Walsh so much?
I always noticed XC guys running Houser and MX guys running a mix between LSR, JB, and Walsh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diypunx View Post
I just bought a TRX450R with the LSR DC-PRO a-arm & DC-Pro LTR geometry spindle setup. The DC-Pro a-arms look like they are really strong and heavy compared to my Houser slicast. I still think Walsh is the way to go if i was buying new. I like that they use a cup style ball joint on both upper & lower a-arms, And I've heard that they use better hardware (bearings, heims)
The LTR hub conversion greatly reduce bump steer which makes your combo one of the ultimate setups for the TRX in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DabbedOut450 View Post
You wont be disappointed with Walsh, they don't offer a warranty though on the arms. The caster bracket helps a lot, you'll notice why they say that our front end is flawed from factory. The front end handles way better with the walsh setup. Not sure if lonestar would be better for xc but for mx definitely go walsh. I still think the walsh xc arms have to be better. I even noticed a huge difference in how my rear end handles now with the walsh rear linkage. They definitely make the best products for our bikes.
The caster brackets drastically improves handling for narrow setups, and aids handling on mx setups. How do you like the Stage 5 shocks?

Store Hours
Monday - Friday
10:00am - 6:00pm Eastern Time
270-774-1982

Last edited by kb motorsports; 01-05-2017 at 02:17 AM.
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb motorsports View Post

The caster brackets drastically improves handling for narrow setups, and aids handling on mx setups. How do you like the Stage 5 shocks?
Love them. I thought my oem shocks were pretty good for being oem, they are crap compared to the stage 5s. Bike handles 100x better in every aspect. The walsh linkage with the stage 5s made a huge difference in the handling of the rear also. I'm glad I went with the stage 5s over fox. Installed my suspension right out of the box, went 5 clicks harder in the high compression to make the shocks a bit stiffer because I was bottoming out on the hard packed tracks. Haven't had to touch my suspension like in 4 rides, unlike the fox I probably would have had to put air every single time. Best purchase I've made
kb motorsports likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha YFZ450 Forum : YFZ450, YFZ450R, YFZ450X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page