Lonestar verse Walsh?? - Page 2 - Yamaha YFZ450 Forum : YFZ450, YFZ450R, YFZ450X Forums
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 09:46 AM

Send a message via AIM to kb motorsports
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabbedOut450 View Post
Love them. I thought my oem shocks were pretty good for being oem, they are crap compared to the stage 5s. Bike handles 100x better in every aspect. The walsh linkage with the stage 5s made a huge difference in the handling of the rear also. I'm glad I went with the stage 5s over fox. Installed my suspension right out of the box, went 5 clicks harder in the high compression to make the shocks a bit stiffer because I was bottoming out on the hard packed tracks. Haven't had to touch my suspension like in 4 rides, unlike the fox I probably would have had to put air every single time. Best purchase I've made

Awesome, I'm glad your satisfied!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Store Hours
Monday - Friday
10:00am - 6:00pm Eastern Time
270-774-1982

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 12:22 PM

Couple of questions...
Are Walsh MX arms longer than Houser MX arms?
Do they both have the same ground clearance?

I need to decide soon, I don't ride MX, just trails, but I want to keep the quad MX or stock width. I don't want XC width.

Budget is no concern, so I can go Walsh if that's my best choice.
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
Police Patrol

Garage
Go Walsh or Lonestar...I think they look better!!

95% of the GNCC racers use Lonestar...I'm pretty sure Lonestar and Walsh have the same bottom a arm shape. The Housers bow up a little....The problem with this is if you run floats the EVOL chamber isn't protected as well as the Lonestar or Walsh arms.

Last edited by kilroy; 02-06-2017 at 02:24 PM.

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 11:58 PM

kilroy have you gotten your new front end yet?

2016 yfz450r

Mods: Dasa Shorty, Vortex, FCI w/ box, Powermadd hand guards, PEP EZ pull lever, Rath Monster peg nerf bars, Alba rear beadlocks with skat trak haulers, TM designworks case saver, Works Connection Engine Plugs, Custom E-sticky Graphics, Yellow and Blue radiator hoses, Rox 2in bar risers, ODI Rogues w/ custom etched lock on clamps, and more to come when the plastic card allows......
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 12:55 AM Thread Starter
Police Patrol

Garage
Nope....LOL....I guess it's being built...KB said maybe sometime in the next two weeks..

post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 01:42 AM

Yeah I was going to order some rath nerfs from immortal and he said about a 3 week wait on those to be built. I guess this is not the time to be ordering things. I just hope I get them ordered in time for my trip spring break.
kilroy likes this.
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferocioussk-88 View Post
Yeah I was going to order some rath nerfs from immortal and he said about a 3 week wait on those to be built. I guess this is not the time to be ordering things. I just hope I get them ordered in time for my trip spring break.
In my experience three weeks for Rath nerfs is the standard turn around time all year long.

Store Hours
Monday - Friday
270-774-1982

post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy View Post
Nope....LOL....I guess it's being built...KB said maybe sometime in the next two weeks..
They're in production according to Nate@Walsh. I'm looking forward to your review.
kilroy likes this.

Store Hours
Monday - Friday
270-774-1982

post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy View Post
Go Walsh or Lonestar...I think they look better!!

95% of the GNCC racers use Lonestar...I'm pretty sure Lonestar and Walsh have the same bottom a arm shape. The Housers bow up a little....The problem with this is if you run floats the EVOL chamber isn't protected as well as the Lonestar or Walsh arms.
I personally think it's hard to go wrong with any of the top three setups. I believe Houser, LSR, and Walsh make great stuff.
kilroy likes this.

Store Hours
Monday - Friday
270-774-1982

post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb motorsports View Post
In my experience three weeks for Rath nerfs is the standard turn around time all year long.
oh well no biggy on it as long as i get them by spring break for a trip.

2016 yfz450r

Mods: Dasa Shorty, Vortex, FCI w/ box, Powermadd hand guards, PEP EZ pull lever, Rath Monster peg nerf bars, Alba rear beadlocks with skat trak haulers, TM designworks case saver, Works Connection Engine Plugs, Custom E-sticky Graphics, Yellow and Blue radiator hoses, Rox 2in bar risers, ODI Rogues w/ custom etched lock on clamps, and more to come when the plastic card allows......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha YFZ450 Forum : YFZ450, YFZ450R, YFZ450X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page