To Any Dodge 4.7 Ltr Magnum V8 Owners. We Need To Stick Together! - Yamaha YFZ450 Forum : YFZ450, YFZ450R, YFZ450X Forums
  Yamaha YFZ450

Suzuki Z400

Suzuki LT-R450

Kawasaki KFX450

ATV Videos

Can-Am DS450

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2009, 12:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to joshua timm

this post apply's to anybody that owns a newer 1999 and up Dodge Ram, Dakota, or Durango (even some Jeep's) with the 4.7 Ltr (286 c.i.d.) Magnum V8! For any one of you that's been looking for any form of aftermarket part for these motor's im sure you have come to find out that there its hard to come by for any form of "add on" for these motors.

One of my friends over at DodgeTalk.com started all this and asked anybody thats interested in this to please speak up!!

**This is his Message**

When we first spoke to Comp Cams we where told that nobody ever contacts them about cams for there 4.7L so the demand is not there. I found that hard to believe but if its true then WE (YES THAT MEANS YOU) need to speak up!

Last I spoke to them, they said they would look into 4.7L cams... This is not the time to let up... its important that we continue to contact them and ask them to support our engine. Do not sit back and think somone else will make that call for you... we need everyone to take the time to send them an -mail or make a phone call... At least once a week until we get cams.

So, if your reading this... send them a letter asking them about cams for the 4.7L engine. Tell them what you have done to YOUR 4.7L and why cams would make all the difference in the world.

This works guys, we did this back in 2002 with first 4.7L Superchips programmer and we made such a ruckus that they made one for us.

I suggest to anyone who is reading this, take the time to send Comp Cams an e-mail and making a phone call to them as often as possible... Once a week would be ideal but at least once a month... Just call them up and simply ask:

"Do you currently support the Chrysler 4.7L engine and if not when do you think you may be."

Also take the time to remind them that the 4.7L Engine is found in JEEPS, DAKOTAS, DURANGOS & RAMS from 1999-2009... Thats allot of 4.7L engines! And that we even have custom tuning available to us with SCT. So this allows us to go more aggressive with the cams they make.

If we can get 100+ 4.7L owners to bug the heck out of these guys they will bring it up in the morning meetings for sure. So join us in creating the demand for custom cams for the 4.7L engine.

We simply ask that you stand with us and help us help bring you the best performance parts for less... These cams would open much bigger doors for our engines and cause other big names in the industry to take a closer look at supporting us. Together we can get their attention and get much needed cams to the 4.7L aftermarket. They will not make them if nobody asks them to.

Here is the COMP CAMPS contact information, if you want cams then you need to let these guys know your out there in need for them.

Meet Your COMP CamsŪ Tech Staff

COMP CamsŪ
3406 Democrat Road
Memphis, TN 38118

Tech Support: 1-800-999-0853
General: 901-795-2400
Fax: 901-366-1807

Hours of Business Operation:
Monday - Friday 8:00 - 5:00 CST

Technical Support Hours:
Monday - Friday 7:00 - 8:00 CST
Saturday 9:00 - 4:00 CST

http://www.compcams.com/contact/feedback.asp <== click the link! it only takes a second to let them know that your one of the many that's interested in these cam's

to the MOD's
this is no form of advertisement, just a means of spreading the word to try and get comp cam's to make us 4.7 Magnum owners some well deserved cam's!

"into the garden of eden strolled Adem, he was stroking the behind of his madam, he smiled with mirth because he knew here on earth there where only two ball's and he had'em"

"If your looking for exits, there isnt any.... your along for the ride! Get in, sit down, shut up, and hold on cuz this sh!t is going to get deep!!!"

'05 YFZ 450 95mm stock bore, venom 12.25:1 piston, venom ported head, venom 42mm carb w/RAT stack, ESR intake, cam mod, carb mod, maier race cut plastics, Yoshimura TRS titanium full length exhaust. 15/38 renthal sprockets and chain, 178 main jet, 45 pilot jet, stock needle 4 clip down, 2.5 turns out on mixture screw
joshua timm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2009, 01:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

Seriously why would you waste your time with the 4.7 litter. Sell that silly little V8 and go get one of the 5.9s or the newer 5.7s. If your going to go through the trouble of modding a motor at least buy the best base the manufacturer has to offer first and then spend the money on it. Plus with the higher demand for the larger motor parts they're going to be cheaper parts meaning more bang for your buck.
n.e.r.d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 03:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

QUOTE (Oregon450Duner @ Aug 20 2009, 10:41 AM)
Quote:
Seriously why would you waste your time with the 4.7 litter. Sell that silly little V8 and go get one of the 5.9s or the newer 5.7s. If your going to go through the trouble of modding a motor at least buy the best base the manufacturer has to offer first and then spend the money on it. Plus with the higher demand for the larger motor parts they're going to be cheaper parts meaning more bang for your buck.[/b]

why not??? get some cam's bigger throttle body, maybe some injecters and different gears in the rear end and you will have your self a truck.....

why do you even open your mouth...?

"into the garden of eden strolled Adem, he was stroking the behind of his madam, he smiled with mirth because he knew here on earth there where only two ball's and he had'em"

"If your looking for exits, there isnt any.... your along for the ride! Get in, sit down, shut up, and hold on cuz this sh!t is going to get deep!!!"

'05 YFZ 450 95mm stock bore, venom 12.25:1 piston, venom ported head, venom 42mm carb w/RAT stack, ESR intake, cam mod, carb mod, maier race cut plastics, Yoshimura TRS titanium full length exhaust. 15/38 renthal sprockets and chain, 178 main jet, 45 pilot jet, stock needle 4 clip down, 2.5 turns out on mixture screw
Old 08-20-2009, 03:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

because I've had 3 of the 5.9s and I know how much better they are.
n.e.r.d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 04:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

dude, the same thing happoned with the 318 (5.2) it was a great motor and put out good numbers with few aftermarket parts you had to put on them. this is the same thing, this motor took over for the 318 and nobody whats to make the parts for this motor untill they know there is a demand for them. i personally own a dakota with the 4.7 in it. and if you know anybody that has one or have driven one you would know that there is lot of power in these overhead cam motors! its the same thing with the 360's. there great motors, they been around FOREVER and im sure some one said the same thing you did 40 years ago when they replaced the 340's in alot of thing's

Old 08-20-2009, 04:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

buy a chevy or a ford........ call it a day and go out the mountain
08yfz45031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:08 PM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to yaidunno Send a message via MSN to yaidunno Send a message via Yahoo to yaidunno

QUOTE (Oregon450Duner @ Aug 20 2009, 12:41 PM)
Quote:
Seriously why would you waste your time with the 4.7 litter. Sell that silly little V8 and go get one of the 5.9s or the newer 5.7s. If your going to go through the trouble of modding a motor at least buy the best base the manufacturer has to offer first and then spend the money on it. Plus with the higher demand for the larger motor parts they're going to be cheaper parts meaning more bang for your buck.[/b]
the 5.9 is obsolete and well dated. its a solid engine but theres a reason they stoped using them in production vechicles. the second gen 4.7 is good for 310 hp and 330 tq. the 5.9 (last years used) was rated at 245 hp and 345 tq. do the math. its not just a 'silly little V8'. its well under a liter smaller, and yet produces 65 more hp and almost the same amount of torque. some people enjoy making more power using less displacement. if you stick with your bigger is better theory, you should be riding around on a raptor 700 right about now.

michigan, if your looking for some better numbers, consider swaping in the 4.7HO cams and intake. if comp cams came out with somthing, i dont really know how much of an improvment over the HO cams it would be. i certainly cant imagine it would justify the price.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:03 PM   #8 (permalink)

You can contact bullet cams, or lazer cams and they will build you a cam to your specs. The guys at bullet are the best, they have built me some really fast cam shafts and they are a better quality than the comp.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:50 PM   #9 (permalink)

QUOTE (yaidunno @ Aug 20 2009, 01:08 PM)
Quote:
the 5.9 is obsolete and well dated. its a solid engine but theres a reason they stoped using them in production vechicles. the second gen 4.7 is good for 310 hp and 330 tq. the 5.9 (last years used) was rated at 245 hp and 345 tq. do the math. its not just a 'silly little V8'. its well under a liter smaller, and yet produces 65 more hp and almost the same amount of torque. some people enjoy making more power using less displacement. if you stick with your bigger is better theory, you should be riding around on a raptor 700 right about now.

michigan, if your looking for some better numbers, consider swaping in the 4.7HO cams and intake. if comp cams came out with somthing, i dont really know how much of an improvment over the HO cams it would be. i certainly cant imagine it would justify the price.[/b]
I like that theory...
just a old supercharged 6.9 418 with a t56 behind it
first start
boosted418r/t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 10:31 PM   #10 (permalink)

QUOTE (boosted418r/t @ Aug 22 2009, 03:50 PM)
Quote:
I like that theory...
just a old supercharged 6.9 418 with a t56 behind it
first start[/b]
That thing sounds mean!!! How much power you pushing? You obviously did a lot more work then just a blower.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:46 AM   #11 (permalink)

QUOTE (fordfreak$ @ Aug 22 2009, 06:31 PM)
Quote:
That thing sounds mean!!! How much power you pushing? You obviously did a lot more work then just a blower.[/b]
at the dyno getting tuned right now but it should be around 650rwhp. Its a 360 magnum/la hybrid block with a 4.1 stroker crank, bored 30 over with ported and polished 2.05 edelbrock heads. Replaced the stock tranny with a t56 6 speed from a viper.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:17 AM   #12 (permalink)

QUOTE (yaidunno @ Aug 20 2009, 02:08 PM)
Quote:

michigan, if your looking for some better numbers, consider swaping in the 4.7HO cams and intake. if comp cams came out with somthing, i dont really know how much of an improvment over the HO cams it would be. i certainly cant imagine it would justify the price.[/b]
thanks for the help man, 6 or 8 months ago i was really looking for cams for my truck. when i first got this truck it was really snappy off the line and pulled even harder when i got upwards of 4k due to the CAI. i put on it.... now that i have a 3" body lift and a nice set of 33's on it its not a peppy is it use to be. ive been working on changing out my stock 3.55 gears to a better 3.92 ratio. ive found a nice set of as for the H.O. cam's you have been talking about, as far as i know there was a company over seas that made these "H.O." cam's, as of recently they have not been able to get there hands on any more and have them shipped to the US. ive also heard that you can put the cams from the newer 07 and up 4.7Ltr. into it put only get 5-10 more horse but to me thats now really cost effective.

QUOTE (CMAT @ Aug 21 2009, 12:03 PM)
Quote:
You can contact bullet cams, or lazer cams and they will build you a cam to your specs. The guys at bullet are the best, they have built me some really fast cam shafts and they are a better quality than the comp.[/b]

CMAT ill look into these two and see what they can do.. the only problem is that i have no idea what the specs are for the stock cams. let alone what i need to do in order to get the power out of them that im looking for. im not really looking to turn this onto a 11.00 sec. truck or run it down the 1/4 mile every weekend. just something to give it some more power for pulling/towing, off road, and a better sounding truck.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:54 AM   #13 (permalink)

airram
I would give those guys a call. They have quite a few upgrades for the 4.7. I would also suggest joining dakota-durango.com
Old 08-26-2009, 06:53 AM   #14 (permalink)

A friend of mine has a very nice Dakota. He had the 4.7 running very strong. He decided his money was better spent on one of these than putting cams in the 4.7.

knaffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:17 AM   #15 (permalink)

QUOTE (boosted418r/t @ Aug 25 2009, 07:54 AM)
Quote:
airram
I would give those guys a call. They have quite a few upgrades for the 4.7. I would also suggest joining dakota-durango.com[/b]
ive talked to Nick "airram" a few times about cams. and if you check his website hes the one that started this thing. ive looked around dakota-durango.com a few time but never got around to joining.

QUOTE (knaffie @ Aug 26 2009, 02:53 AM)
Quote:
A friend of mine has a very nice Dakota. He had the 4.7 running very strong. He decided his money was better spent on one of these than putting cams in the 4.7.[/b]
ive seen this truck over on Dodgetalk.com and talked to him about doing the same thing to my truck, after thinking about it i figured spending upwards of 3-4 grand on a motor swap would be out of the question.... if i even started thinking about a motor swap the truck will need to be payed off and i would SAS the front of it with about 6 inches of lift on 35's

and on a batter note here is a update to anybody thats interested in cams for the 4.7

And I just got off the phone with Comp, and there is, I quote, "an overwhelming demand lately" for grinds for the 4.7! I was informed that something is coming down the line, and we will all be told about soon, via email. Everyone - Get on board, get your emails and calls in - We're getting our cams!

this was taken off the Dodgetalk form and is the most recent update! you see guys, ask and you shall receive!...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement