YFZ Central banner

Comfort items

6K views 47 replies 10 participants last post by  badassmachinist 
#1 ·
Looking to add a few pieces so I feel a little more comfortable.

I'm looking at the houser line of stuff.
The bounce pegs, are they in the stock location or moved?
I see the stems come in + lengths only. No forward lengths.
Does anyone make a +2+1 stem?
On the quick ride on the street my knees really knock the frame. Anybody have a fix for that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

#5 · (Edited)
They have 14+ plastic..lol

Look at a 14-16's the plastic covers the frame where your knees hit. On your SE there is foam behind the black side panels which is there to help pad your knees. Maybe your foam is worn out? Something's only last so long.....The two little rubber pads that go on top of my 14 fuel tank keep wearing out at the base of the neck where you fill your gas tank.

#6 ·

Went and ordered this at the stealership today cause I get parts at cost there.
Grabbed a few oil filters to.
I had no idea that they were so tiny. I asked the guy if that was right when he gave it to me.

I'm torn right now between ordering a vortex or some other parts. Like nerf and bars and stem.

I found a power package. It's a lexx slip on and the vortex controller for like 800. I honestly don't want the slip on, but it justifies buying a 700 dollar computer. Also I read there pretty quite

#7 ·
Okay. I got a ride in today after work.
A few things need addressed.

1- steering stem height. I absolutely need a taller stem. I ride all hunch backed.

2-steering stabilizer. I've always ran one and the steering feels sloppy with out it.

3-shifter definitely needs to be raised. While standing in can't get my toe forward enough to get under it. And sitting is pretty low to point my toe. I'm a size 13 riding boot.

4- is there anyway to get more tension in the throttle? I don't like how loose/easy to push it is.

5- needs nerf bars.

#10 ·
For #4
It is possible to stiffen up the throttle. I run motion pro vertex throttles on all my quads. The fuel injected twist throttle was way way softer. In the throttle body where the throttle cable goes into there is a 10mm wrench nut. Take that off and the spring is in behind there. Be carful not to loose the brass piece on the end of the throttle cable. Took the spring into a shop that specializes in springs. I got two of the springs pictured for ten bucks. Accordig to the guy the coils are 50% thicker or stiffer. Just cut off what you need and start bending until it fits and gets the tension that you want on the throttle. Less coils ment more tension. It is just trial and error.

Attachments

#15 ·
for your knees on the frame i would wear thin knee bandages. i have been racing gncc for years and my 2010 would tear the skin off the inside of my knees. the 2015 plastics are a lot better.

#20 ·
Shifter position.
Where are people running them?

That's mine on the banshee. Yes that's serious. My toe slides under very easy.
And I can downshift pretty easy.
The stock position on the R is super low.
Anyone have one that can be moved up easily?

#22 ·
Yeah that's the issue.
I do need all that stuff. But unfortunately the yfz got pushed to the front of the trailer and kind of forgotten about.
That's why I ordered the grip tape. Maybe give me some incentive to get it back out

#24 ·
So now I'm waiting for robl to get all his ducks in a row and I can order an intake and try that.
In the mean time I'm going to try and source a 08 yz450f cam. If I can, I'll also get a head gasket to do the slhg mod.
Still yet to order nerfs. But those will be next. I did loose my footing a few times last week riding.

#25 ·
I run the houser pro bounce nerfs, I think they are great. A lot of the mx guys run the rath nerfs but I like the houser ones. The pegs are in the oem position and I didn't feel them any lower than the oem ones. Only thing you will need to change are the rubber balls underneath the pegs, every month or so, they are like $2-3. Other then that they have held up great, they are definitely sturdy, I ordered them from Ken at KBMotorsports like 2 years ago. I've never had to mess with the netting either. As for the shifter, you can move up your oem shifter a knotch or two, some mx guys move it up one notch, I have mine on the oem position. And I run a +1 stem it ways better than oem, I am 5'10". I know Chad Wienen has to be over 6 feet tall and he runs a +1 too. +2 might be too much

#28 ·
Okay, last night I got the Honda throttle on. Took only a few minutes.
Just like the banshee it's a lot better.
I think mine was an old 400ex if anyone was wondering.
I shaved the stop inside the housing. But it looks like I didn't even need to.

#32 · (Edited)
My complete setup with some comfort items:

Comfort items: long travel suspension front and rear, 14 slipper clutch has a super easy pull and reduces engine braking, Precision Elite Steering Stabilizer. Other than that the R fits me really well and I'm comfortable on it.

2014 YFZ 450R Trail Machine:
*Vortex
*FOX FLOAT 3 Evols RC2
*Walsh MX a-arms and caster bracket
*Fox 2.0 Podium RC 2 rear shock...stock link
*Precision Pro Elite Steering Stabilizer with Houser Bracket
*Streamline front brake lines and 2 sets of holders
*Yoshimura RS 2 Pro Titanium with spark arrestor
*FCI with my custom air box and a GYTR Uni air filter
*GYTR hour meter
*GYTR poly engine skid
*Ricochet swingarm skid
*(2) TM DesignWorks magnetic oil drain plugs
*Anti Gravity 8 cell 5000 mah Lipo with quick disconnect connectors for Vortex parasite drain protection.
*Hiper Tech 3 10" 4+1 single bead lock
*Hiper Tech 3 9" 3+5 single bead lock...converting to dual bead locks
*Maxxis RAZR 2..Front 21x7-10
*Maxxis RAZR .....Rear 20x10-9
*2013 Cable Holder for AIS delete
*NGK Iridium CR8IEX......spark plug
*Upp poly case saver - need to put it on

Misc:
*Vinyl tube over front brake line and rear Fox reservoir line
*My Custom AIS Delete cap
*Custom rubber bumpers for rear tail light
*Custom oil catcher
*Custom Vortex hard mount!
*Front wheel rock guards removed
*3m clear bra...a arms, headlights, plastic, engine cases, frame, tail light, rear shock remote reservoir, etc.

Future Mods:
*Walsh stem with Precision antivibe bar clamps
*Considering having custom tabs welded to my lower frame so I can get rid of the rear GYTR poly skid brackets
*IMS fuel tank
*Porting

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.